Reviews for "Mouse Olympics!"

The last guy was right.

He basicly summed it up, good game. But extremly easy to cheat. It's probably the first thing people try to do on maze games if they want to cheat too. Other then that it was good, but not great, the idea is a little worn out to get much exitement.

sysrq868 responds:

Well, simple solution: don't cheat.

I couldn't do anything for the right click cheat, it's not only beyond my skills, I hear it's beyond Flash technology also. So unless I hack the Newgrounds HTML code and at the mean time remove right-click menus from all Newgrounds submissions, I'm afraid there's absolutely nothing I can do to fix that.

But nevertheless, I'm glad that you liked this game.

easy to cheat

Great game.. i really liked playing it,
But its easy to cheat though,
for example
the areas where you can't see your mouse, just click with richt mouse button on start, than click with left mouse button on start, you will see the mouse... easy
and if you want to skip a lvl, just press the right mouse button on the start button and drag your mouse to the finish and click with the left mouse button (works with switches too) maybe you could fix it,

if you don't believe me? i got to lvl 50 in 3 minutes
here's the proof , password of lvl 49 and 50 are: rubberduck and newgrounds. xD

a quick summery:
Great game, i gave you a 5/5, but fix it so you can't cheat.

sysrq868 responds:

But it's no fun at all if you just cheat! :(

I think I can assign the switches problem... I tried to fix the right-mouse clicking already in the start, but it's beyond my skills... but I'll surely submit the second edition with cheats fixed in couple of days, if I get to it...

Swell!

Great work! Obviously a lot of love went into making this :)

5'd

sysrq868 responds:

Actually, yes. Loads of love, time, care, passion, patience and chocolate donuts. :)

Pretty sweet game

That's really well presented and was fun even if it made me feel useless at using my mouse, I blame it on my mouse though.

Yeah, yeah! :)

pretty good

Pretty good for a mouse avoider game, if frusterating. Since levels are independant basically (once you get to one, you can always go back with the password) why not just have it so when you die, you start over on the same level? I think you should keep the password system in place because it was useful, but to me it was annoying to have to listen to that darn death sound every time you die and then go back to the same level after going through the menu, typing the password, and waiting for the level animation to kick in. This would definitely help keep focus on the game and away from game mechanics.

I liked the short mazes with moving parts best. The mazes that were long, thin, and crowded with lines are hard on the eyes.

sysrq868 responds:

Well you see, this was careful planning. Why do you think that the milk is always in the back of the store when people do buy it the most? Because on your way there, you get to buy all sorts of other things too. If it'd go back to the same level, you'd be already focused at it, and it would be more easier. I know it's annoying. Many forehead vains must've cracked because of this. :)