Reviews for "Power Star 3"

R0x0rs

Another great movie, Daniel. Believe it or not it was your first 2 episodes (amongst a few others) that inspired me to make Super Mario bros Z. (not ball Z).
I read the commentary too. Glad I motivated you to finish this. Although the stab at my humour wasn't necessary? =\ (ah well. Shit happens. XD).
I am still learning about what makes a good sprite fight so I study your animations every time for inspiration. Along with Sonics quest for power and Dragonball POTU.
But enough about my stuff. Onto yours. I really enjoy the 3D elements. I'm still trying to learn that stuff. But you definately pulled it off. And I do enjoy the kung fu moments plus the battle above the lava. Good stuff.
Now i'm motivated myself to get ep 6 of my series done. Hopefully I can make something half as good as this.
Keep up the good work.

D-SuN responds:

:P hey! i didnt no you were insprited from my moves XD. Must say after I saw MBZ ep 4 I think, I was modivated even though it was DBZ inspired. Not a fan of dbz personally. Your animation is great man, but I actuly have a hate for the humor, sorry ta say :S.
I cant really give you my advise casue its bias. Id say make it less DBZish but it is caled mario ball "Z" after all. So i guess.... make it MORE DBZish XD
I must say I respect you as a person. I was reading few your reviews. Some guy gave ya some shit. you were like "Everyone has their own opinions"
pff, i would flamed the cunt XD. probebly not, just put him in his place politly.

Couldn't have been more intense, dude!! Awesome!!

I remember the day I saw Power Star 2, and I thought that was amazing. And now the third installment is done, and it's much more amazing then ever! Though I did notice a glitch in the fight scene, but I get those problems sometimes, so w/e, I still enjoyed it.

The best scene ever was when they fought over the platform over the lava. That was intense as well as the nice blur effects. Shows that Sprite movies still kick ass! w00t!

The bad part was that I was kind of offended by the commentary reguarding Alvin Earthworm's SMB Z series. But then again, it is true that his jokes aren't very funny, but I still love his series.

Above all, man, Great work! Good luck making the fourth installment, because I will definitely look foreword to it, even if it is your last sprite movie! And I hope to God there will be no more computer crashes! Aside from that, awesome work, Daniel! You get tens across the board and teh five like you said! :D

Amazing

That was stunning. For a while, Mario Broz Z had the best sprite fighting scenes, but this is the new top dog. This movie lacked only story, which is the only factor holding it back from becoming a legendary series.

Your style is amazing. It would be a favor to all if you one day described your methods.

Another great mario movie

The Power Star series has some of the most entertaining mario movies on Newgrounds. The fight scenes are all well executed. There is always the suspense of whether Mario will regain self control. And there is no telling which way the fight will go. It is obvious that you are very skilled with sprites.
My only qualm is that this movie, albeit very well done, is not that memorable. Sprite action and fighting scenes are fun to watch, but are common place on Newgrounds and society in general. What makes a sprite movie memorable now is either the story, the humor or the style. In this movie, the story does not draw the watcher in and can pretty much be forgotten. There are very few silly moments in the movie, and even these moments sometimes feel recycled and overused. Stylewise, mario movies and sprite fighting movies are very commonplace on newgrounds. If you simply want to make the front page and gain a spot in the mario collection, then this movie is perfect. But with some more creativity and cleverness, you could make another spirte legend.

that was great dude

u never cease 2 amaze me. i just happened upon power star and i loved it, then i watched power star 2 and bout poo-poo'd on myself, and wen i watched 3 i bout orgasmed a new ocean. i was glad 2 c there was no talking, all fighting. ur skill with sprites is up there with the guy who made the mario bros. z movies. 2 thumbs way up