Reviews for "Study"

This is simply amazing.

Thanks a lot! :)

What came to mind was Andrew WK, not that its a bad thing because its definitely not. But great work and I love how the blood looks like it should.

Thank you so much! :)

I can't help but feel a tremendous amount of grit when I look at this piece. The smears of blood and bruises almost tell a story on their own. Fantastic work.

Thanks a lot! :)

Cocain is a hell of a drug !! HAHAH JK jk this is amazing the blood looks really great and nice choice for face expression!

Hahaha thanks a lot! :)

Holy shit Lew, this is fuckin' aces. As the others are saying, the blood looks fantastic, you even got the smudges to look right. You're getting quite good at texturing skin, and your eye for colour is fantastic as usual, particularly around the...well, the eyes, the tear ducts and capillaries are really clearly depicted without being overwhelming to the iris and whites. My main suggestions would be to clean up the skin between strands of hair on the left shoulder, it looks a bit uneven, and to define the left side of the bridge of her nose juuuuuuuuuuust a tiny bit more. Excellent work!

DocLew responds:

I wanted to do this study to learn how to render better hair (I saw some digital painting by japanese artists and I'm in love) but i don't think I've done it well, maybe next time :)
Also, I'm looking for a more 'rough' style of painting, with visible strokes. I need to exercise more, anyway, kind as usual, thank you :D