Reviews for "Aevarrian Coliseum 2"

much better than the first one.
but it has cheap voice acting.
and characters are not that many.
say pal, this game is still great.
love, <3 idonothing1

A major improvement from the the first, although it still has a long way to go to be a proper fighting game. It's way too oriented around spamming attacks. Combos are non-existent. Nothing in this game really stood out like the previous. The music was nice. Perhaps add a way to view CPU vs CPU fights in season mode? The CPU was better than the last game.

I liked it. It just needs more work. If you ever bother to make a third game, this series of yours has a lot of room for improvement ( & potential). It may have done well on other sites, but NG isn't like other sites.

Why was there never an Aevarrian 3?

I love how the creator of this game just replies to bad reviews by defending everything and acts like his game is 100% perfect. The game is good, for 2007, but like almost everyone else is saying, it's just spamming. If spamming works, it doesn't matter what else works, because spamming is enough.

josh-tamugaia responds:

Thanks for spending time typing this review. I do not think the game is 100% perfect, and I apologize if you feel any of my responses to other reviewers imply to you that way. In future, I will try to be nice to the bad, false and even abusive reviews or ignore them altogether. Even though this old game is not getting much here on Newgrounds, it has managed to obtain millions of plays on other websites on the Internet and I am grateful for that.

This was truly a cool game! I think the best part about it is probably how well you can move around. I thought that I skipped the original cutscene, but it turned out to be even longer than I thought. It's not often you see much of a story in a fighting game. Come to think of it, you really don't see a lot of fighting games on this website. The graphics were nice and slick too.

My only complaint is that the controls are a bit hard to understand. The music is also pretty cool. I loved how everything moved so fluidly in this. It's just a game that seemed to really want to set out and be unique. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.

josh-tamugaia responds:

I was surprised too. But not anymore. Anyways, thanks a lot.