Reviews for "NightmareCity:Catastrophe"

I remember this with different music

I cannot remember what the music was but I remember that it was a female singer and that it was much much softer and gentler than this music :(

I'm not saying this music is bad at all but the female voice and the softness of it made me cry so very hard at this animation the first time I saw it, which was close to 10 years ago. Is it possible there is another version of this with the music I am talking about else where? I really would like to bring back those lost memories of this.

Win?

True-Sabre. Stfu. At least they can animate properly. Back your shit up before you go and whine about the subject of said flash. K? K.

Anyway. ;o_o Nice flash.. but the site is down, apparently. Either that or it's blocked by my QQ browser.

Cliffhanger

to the epic.You need to make more Nightmare City Flash's because this one leaves me at a cliffhanger.You could do it as a series where he travels the world to find a way to bring his girlfriend back.Also defeating more of the baddies along the way, bringing the world to normality. I give it a 7 because of the cliffhanger

Meh.

Cat people? Whatever.

I don't mind that everything is a lie...

...as long as you love me forever!

I'm going to come right out and say it: this is, at the moment, my all-time favorite Flash animation. I don't know if I have the skill to review it properly, the in-depth knowledge of artistic criticism needed to properly describe how good this animation is. But if I don't try, I'll never know, right?

My usual "Pros/Cons" format won't work here. Why? Because there's nothing wrong with this Flash, at all. OK, maybe after watching it a few times in a row, I start to see the Uncanny Valley aspect of the pink cat just above the hero, the look of her would be slightly odd out of context. But taken in context, it took me like 30 views of this Flash to see anything "off" about it. Possibly more, I don't really know how many times I watched this one, but I only saw it recently. It's such a good animation that I was willing to watch it so many times, and that it took that long to see its one flaw. And don't get me wrong, that's about the closest thing to a "flaw" I could find in this movie. The fact that I'm even mentioning it comes across in my own mind as nitpicking.

As for everything I like about Nightmare City: Catastrophe? Everything else. Aside from that one moment, it looks great. Every single moment of it gives the perfect impression of a hero out to save the love of his life from a city of vice and violence, all set to 403 Forbiddena's song Northern Lights, which might I say fits it amazingly. The opening shots establishing the violent "gang war" of sorts in the city, our hero standing up and fighting, but beaten down, his lover sacrificing herself to save him from otherwise certain death, and that sacrifice giving him the power to transform himself into a man capable of defeating the enemy before him. Perhaps his girlfriend didn't escape the city as he wanted her to, but a part of her lives on in his heart and his memories. It works, and even better if you understand the original Nightmare City (which I should also get to reviewing one of these days).

Overall, well, best Flash movie ever in my opinion. Well-drawn except for maybe a few seconds, well-timed to great music, and telling a Hell of a story.
5/5, 10/10, Favorited.