Reviews for "DS Christmas Quiz"

Thats not true

It wasn't the feast of yule tide. That may be a norse custom, but it originated from the feast of the unconquered sun by the romans, otherwise known to us as the winter solstice. Christianity was not very strong in that area of the world yet, if at all there, it was in the early 300's they started to celebrate Christ's birth by the way.

IceDragon64 responds:

It is clear that parts of the modern Christmas come from various different festivals in different cultures. It is true that the evidence points to Sol Invicta being an important pagan celebration that the early Christians were concerned with overlaying with the invention of Christmas. However, there is a major difference between pointing out Sol Invicta and telling me I'm wrong. Unless you have evidence that Sol Invicta was started before Yule your statement "Thats not true" is unreasonable and a hostile headline to a review. You have not proven me wrong. How strong Christianity was is irrelevant, the point is that the people of the holy lands (early Christians, Jews, Muslims etc.) didn't celebrate birthdays and Chirst was probably born in the spring anyway. The date that Rome decided to officially celebrate Christmas- 350 AD- is in one of the answers in the quiz. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to find soneone interested in these things, but I actually spend hours researching these quizzes before choosing the words. Despite your tone I thank you for reminding me of Sol Invicta and I have put it into the right answer.
Best Wishes,