Reviews for "DS Christmas Quiz"

LOL Easter Eggs

Pretty good questions...show'd me just how much I knew about that stuff.

IceDragon64 responds:

Thanks. Glad you liked it. It took ages to get all the buttons set up and I kept thinking of more! Did you find them all? even the ee inside the ee? Did you find the cheat?

Fun quiz :)

Fun quiz, but really hard.
Tought i review some of your stuff ^__^

Dont got much to say, fun quiz, oh yeah, the level system is great, i hate quizzes when you have to start over if you answer wrong. But this is better :)

Great wishes Muskelchock

IceDragon64 responds:

Thank you. I do believe the levels are better, tho I wouldn't have the Impossible Quiz any other way!

K

^^Good Points^^
I like the amount of effort you put into this quiz. All of the answers that weren't really obvious at all and were pretty plausible. I found myself not being able to eliminate anything on most questions that I didn't know. It's also neat how you give a description of every wrong and right answer. Very educational. This had lots of pictures too, which is good. Overall an above average quiz.

^^Needs Improving^^
Yeah, the images were good, but they just didn't go well with the plain backgrounds. perhaps you could add some borders to your pictures just to make them fit in more. Also, music should be turned off by some kind of button. Gets annoying after a while.

IceDragon64 responds:

Thank you for your detailed review. It seems you got just what I was hoping for out of it!
Glad you liked the movie clips; its a new step for me. i confess I dropped them into my standard DS Quiz template without even thinking of a bgd. I will see what I can do. I will definately put a music off button in all my subs when I learn how!
Ice

cool one

that was a nice christmas quiz. some of the questions were rather simple, but some of them were really really difficult.... mainly because i either had zero clue what the question was or i'd never know that fact about christmas until now.
nice job on this one, it was good.

IceDragon64 responds:

So glad you liked it. If you have any ideas for improvement, please pm me any time.
Ice

Thats not true

It wasn't the feast of yule tide. That may be a norse custom, but it originated from the feast of the unconquered sun by the romans, otherwise known to us as the winter solstice. Christianity was not very strong in that area of the world yet, if at all there, it was in the early 300's they started to celebrate Christ's birth by the way.

IceDragon64 responds:

It is clear that parts of the modern Christmas come from various different festivals in different cultures. It is true that the evidence points to Sol Invicta being an important pagan celebration that the early Christians were concerned with overlaying with the invention of Christmas. However, there is a major difference between pointing out Sol Invicta and telling me I'm wrong. Unless you have evidence that Sol Invicta was started before Yule your statement "Thats not true" is unreasonable and a hostile headline to a review. You have not proven me wrong. How strong Christianity was is irrelevant, the point is that the people of the holy lands (early Christians, Jews, Muslims etc.) didn't celebrate birthdays and Chirst was probably born in the spring anyway. The date that Rome decided to officially celebrate Christmas- 350 AD- is in one of the answers in the quiz. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to find soneone interested in these things, but I actually spend hours researching these quizzes before choosing the words. Despite your tone I thank you for reminding me of Sol Invicta and I have put it into the right answer.
IceDragon64 of the Dragons & Spirits