Reviews for "Fingerprints of the Gods{durn}"

Thnk u very much!

Great song, nd hey wat game is ths from? or is it jus 4 a game lol, bt i like tht, fingerprints of the gods, seems great for god of war, only if it were mre ya knw kratos like lol bt anyway thnks 4 the update

durn responds:

It could be for any game! It wasn't really my typical trance/house track so I threw it under VG. :) Could definitely work in a desert-themed game.

Dur-dur-Durn

Pretty cool, yet simple melody but the backup harmonies are what impress me the most. Your choice of chords is irregular. I like it :) It really shows your skill as a musician. When it starts, it definitely sounds like a feel good happy melody but I like the contrast at around :40 with the bass which seems to contradict the original theme at the beginning. Makes it mysterious. Excellent counter melody around 2:50 or so (I'm typing as the song plays). Transitions are long and slow but you do a fine job of keeping a driving feeling if you know what I mean.

If I could suggest one improvement, I would definitely recommend working on the percussion in this piece. It sounds good the way it is, and it works well. But personally I would enjoy a tad more complex percussion as opposed to the simple bass drum downbeat - hihat upbeat. I do like the "jungle drums" (bongos maybe?) that you threw in. Nice touch.

Excellent work my friend. Thanks for sharing. :)

5/5
10/10

durn responds:

Killer review, Chubsy! :) I spent a lot of time getting a thick, warm complementary feel with my notes, played around until it made me melt in my seat. :D hehehe. Glad you caught the dissonance during the build to the transition, I kept the volume on it a bit low until the last moment when the release was at full on the synth.

I totally hear ya about the beats on this one. This was the first track (in a loooooong time) that I programmed all of the drums from scratch. I only used two loops, the tambourine and accompanying shaker track during the center. They both seemed to fit the desert theme and I couldn't recreate their sound. But yeah, everything else was programmed out myself to get a nice head-bobbin' groove going. :)

I'll definitely focus more on drums next track around as it really helped to define this track. :) Thank you for the excellent review, Chubsy!

Oh yeah... nice and mellow...

Well, I wish that my reviews werent comprised of nothing of generic nerd complements, but oh well... This was Great! It was fun to listen to, it gave me a distinctive mental picture (ive written too many audio reviews mentioning that stuff... XD), It kept changing, and... well, it was great! The thing is, I just kinda feel like it could have been more... but I'm no music expert, so just disregard that... ^^'

durn responds:

lol, thanks for the non-generic nerd review, fungi. :D haha. I hear what you're sayin' about the moreness, I left the center kinda bare, probably could've introduced some neat harmonics. :)

Awesome!

This made me feel like I am with my girlfriend in the middle of a desert.
And we are sweating like a waterfall!
ROFLOLMFAO
This song is so awesome I wish I had your talent!
Have fun, get creative!

~Proto

durn responds:

Haha, yeah, definitely got the sweat like a waterfall part right. I have to sacrifice my fan in order to properly hear what I'm working on so it's a delicate balance to try and keep a decent temperature in my room. :p Thanks for the fun review, Proto. :)

good

very good!

thanks