Reviews for "Icon tutorial"

hey thanks for the tips!

But will this work in flash? well i dont know. other then that good job on teaching something pointless. ( I'm saying that in a good way)

Myst responds:

It would work as well in Flash, but that wouldn't be that efficient as the software isn't really made for image editing. Thanks for the review, even though I doubt there's any good way in qualifying someone's work as pointless.

Great,lets get started

Nice tutorial,but i cant make anything with paint,can I?But thats no prob., i got a photoshop at my dad's.Thanks for making this

Myst responds:

Well, you could do it as well with paint, but that would be quite harder as you don't have much accuracy when it comes to manage the image size. It'd take you less time just to get photoshop ;)

Very Blunt Tutorial

Next time you make a tutorial, show more then one way to do something. Other then that is is a very decent tutorial if you are new at photoshop.

Myst responds:

Well, I may think about it, but in the first time this tutorial's point was to show a fast and easy way to make tutorial ... and also to show it in a fast way that's easy to get. So I just made it plain simple. Thanks for the review though.

Thanx

Now I know how to make thumbnails hehehe

Myst responds:

Tout le plaisir est pour moi, c'était effectivement le but de l'exercice :)

quite helpful.

This was pretty good for a tutorial. I could say that the idea would be for the noobs, cause making icons is a pretty simple thing to do. I've already posted a few in the Icon Helpers page, hope some of them will be used:). I use ImageReady CS2, I can basically do the same thing as with photoshop. Hope the quality isn't different, though.

Anyway, this was a basic, but pretty good and informative tutorial. Since it is a tutorial, I wont suggest on any improvements, cause I don't think that a tutorial would have a very big need of those.
Good luck.