Reviews for "Icon tutorial"

Awesome

I used this tutorial to make an icon earlier today, and now it's already up. I did an icon on the submission: Life of a Rapper. But enough of that, down to the point; this was the best tutorial. My work was instantly published within the day. And because of that, I thank you for the great tutorial. Believe me, this is no joke. I am serious when I say: You probably made one of the best tutorials. My suggestion would be (of course you don't have to): Create more tutorials, seeing as you did a good job on the first one.
Once again; thanks.

Myst responds:

Thanks, it's a very nice review. However I've got to say you don't owe me much about your icon getting approved as it mostly depends on your own work and the mods' activity. Also, I've got to say that considering my tutorial doesn't have any sound and is all in all very simple graphically wise, it hardly even get close to NG's best tutorials. Some of them are really impressive. I really appreciate the review though, it means that my explanations were good enough and it means something to me :)

P.S.: even though I don't have much time, I might consider making other tutorials.

Best tutorial ever!

I watched your tutorial and tried to make to make a icon and it was right up by the end of the day!!

Thanks!

I hope to see more tutorials from you!!

Myst responds:

I'm glad your icon got approved, keep it up ! Also thanks for the nice review, it's always cool to read these :)

This works!

thank you! This one really works and now iknow how to make icons!!!

Myst responds:

My pleasure ! I made this to help people with icons, if it does help, then I'm pretty satisfied :)

Thanks for the review.

This really helped me!

This really does shows me how to make an icon!
all you have to do is by using the printscreen button on a flash movie, then copy it to an image editor, the resize it to 46x46(i think) and then upload it!
Even a kid can do it so easily!

Myst responds:

I'm glad it helped you out, that's the main point after all. Thanks for the review.

free alternative

This is a very useful tutorial. Glad it's here.

If people have a problem with the fact that this tutorial requires Photoshop, which is a pretty expensive program to buy just for making icons for NG, there's still The GIMP. Get it at www.gimp.org . It functions the same way as Photoshop, but is open-source, that means free.

Myst responds:

You're right. Plus I couldn't recommand to get an illegal version of photoshop ^^
Thanks for the review :)