Reviews for "Get Ready To Dance {durn}"

OMG

I LOVE THIS SONG KEEP IT UP DOOD

durn responds:

THANKS IVANHOE! :D GLAD YA LIKED IT!

Catchy beat

i started dancin and my mom said i need to chill

durn responds:

Haha, weird, moms normally love my tunes. It's electronic music that elderly listeners can relate to. ;)

catchy!

IT DOES WANT TO MAKE U WANT TO GET UP AND DANCE!! GREAT JOB AS USUAL!

the beat is just awesome
5/5
10/10

durn responds:

Sweet as! Shake that moneymaker!

SWEAT!

yoo nice song man u got tht ..u used tht bass so perfectly man and the perssision and drums lol...btw wat u used and wats the main synth or lead tht u used its so beautiful :')

5/5 10/10 ur awsome ^^

durn responds:

My lead synth I used a Subtractor patch called Funk Lead. I use it throughout the piece quite a bit, but to get a different sound out of it I threw it through an arpeggiator to really sparkle and growl. :)

Thanks for the love, XeMeX! :D

Fantastic...

Got my head bobbin right away. This is, and always will be, one of my favorite styles of music and you have definitely done it justice. Loved the break in the middle and synth choice and filtering is damn good.

I also really like the feel of this song as well... It's not overly happy and not to serious. Just laid back, funky and fun to listen to. One thing i think you could of done is kept the guitar elements running for a bit longer at the end. They almost sounded like the begging to a whole nother section to the song. It could have easily extended the song to nearly 5min without getting to repetitive. Or so i think...

One quick question... How is Record and Reason? I've been toying with the idea of getting them... but i'm still not sure...

Anyway... Great work and keep it coming.

Torkelson>

durn responds:

I totally agree, I probably could've extended the track and taken it somewhere else but I like leaving on a high note. :D Keeps me employed. ;)

Record+Reason is EPIC. Absolutely fantastic combination, provided you're already familiar with Reason. If you've no experience with Reason it may be a little difficult to adjust to but if you've already played around with it, the two work sooooo seamlessly together. It's like I've got my own personal studio in front of me now. So nice. :)

Thanks for the review, Torkelson!