Reviews for "The Orphan: Part 1"

Pause

Very nice, great animation, music matched the mood perfectly. The only thing I'd add is a pause button. While watching your movie I was trying to do other things so I missed peices of the movie. Anways, nice work.

Very Good

I think you're off to a good start. The animation was nice along with the mood music/sound. If you're looking to make a horror series, you're on your way. The only thing I didn't like was the mans voice. It reminded me of South Park. If I'm correct, the South Park guys use a voice similar to that in several episodes for different minor characters. Think about changing his voice.

Great.

Loved the graphics and the horror style. Especially the use of movie like "camera angels". Good music and mood too.
The plot was just a bit to hazy.....even boring. Have something more happening next time.
Music was good but the voice was terrible and the balance between the two was way off. While the music had a strong volume I had to raise it to understand the speech. And even with the volume high the speech was slurred and hard to understand.
Next time keep the volumes balanced and record better voice acting.
One could really see the effort put into this flash.
It's a shame something small like bad recording would lower the quality of such a well thought of flash. Keep that in mind next time.
And again, as stylish as this flash may be, make the plot a bit less hazy. I know it's definitly intentional, yet the scene shifting wasn't always clear.

Awesome!

Great job! This was a very suspensful movie, and a great introduction to what looks to be a great series. I can't wait to see episode 2. If you can pull off fear in a Flash, then you will definately hit it big with your next movies. Projecting fear in Flash is really hard to do I think, so to scare someone with an animation is a job well done. Hopefully the second one will be scary, and just as suspenseful as this one was. Great job!

Very intriguing.

I really liked it!

Very interesting, and you've got me wanting to see the next part.
The style, graphics, and vision angles you used were superb, and you managed to give it that slightly eerie feel.

I only founf two problems though, both in the sound department. 1.) The voice was really low, and I couldn't hear too well. And 2.) The main characters voice sounds kind of like a typical horror movie stalker's voice, especially like the one from When A Stranger Calls. It might sound a little better if he had a more normal voice.

Overall you did an excellant job. I look foward to seeing more. :]