Reviews for "Nova Blizzard Art contest 2005"

Good, but you ouverlooked a few things...

Subject: Pose is awkward - she's standing almost too straight. The rifle doesn't seem to shift her weight at all; how would one hold a weapon that size and weight, at that angle, with only one hand and not bend the wrist? The right arm seems to be forcing in a straight position behind the leg; a slight angle in the elbow would fix that. Legs appear to be locked straight as well, "twinning" the pose; again, how she holds that rifle up with her legs creating that center of balance is beyond me. Wonderfully detailed, but defies the laws of physics.

Background: Seems to have been rushed, but it does relay the dark atmosphere of the environment, which can be difficult to do. The ambient lighting is mostly correct,save for a couple reflections off the rifle where there shouldn't be any. The creature silhouetted against the flames is a nice touch, as is the dead one behind her.

Summary: This is four years old, and you've probably improved since then. But in spite of your attention to detail, there are definite points where this could have been done better. 6/10 and 3/5 from me.

knockwurst responds:

I appreciate the honesty, and yes I can agree with everything you said : ) Thank you

time for a real review.

Overall Color is good.

The pose is stiff and boring, Kinda liek you just drew from an anatomy book and threw armor on it.

The background is interesting but dosnt help or interact with the character at all.Kinda like it was draw on a layer under it.

The overall perspective seems a bit off. the char/gun go great together but the background dosnt. I can tell because the Girl is right on infront of you but the background isnt. It looks liek your looking up and down the hall way.

could be due to the roof?

Overall its an ok picture but i doubt it will win a blizard contest. ( sorry if i was harsh but thats how we grade work in my classes at school, to the point and no beating around the bush).