Reviews for "FF7 -- Battle"

Cool

Nice job but I think you should of added a real drummer in the recording because it sounds pretty werid without one. Nice job anyway and keep it up.

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review! Man, if I had a real drummer at my disposal I'd be using him for everything. But alas, drummers are mad scarce.

The guitar r0x my s0x.

Very beautiful guitarwork, but I agree with another reviewer that it overshadows the background synths.

Aside from that gripe, this not only captures the mood of the original, but takes it to a new level.

Perhaps a remix is in order?

I voted '4' for you.

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review dude! And I'm glad I rocked your Sox -- I'm a big Yankee fan. lol

Thanks again man. I'm considering redoing it eventually in a more souped up version.

not bad

This song has been in the top 10 for a while. so its worthy of a review.

Not bad at all tritoneangel, it just needs to have some things fixed. first, you need a better background. a direct midirip with crummy drums totally destroys the song. the guitar wasnt bad at all, just watch out for peaks. other than that it wasnt that bad.

hope you redo this song and put in some better background sounds to beefen it up as it needs it.

-Steve

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review HouseMasta! I agree with you on all fronts -- the background could use better quality sounds, and I think I have it too far back in the mix. It was recorded a little too hastily. Thank you for the advice.

wow

you my good sir, ROCK!
(i'm thinking of puting this in my flash)

TritoneAngel responds:

Go for it man! Thanks for the review!

Be sure to check out my other FF submissions if you like this one, as they were recorded with better quality.

Nice guitaring

I would like this more if it had a louder bass and the midi sounds weren't covered up as much. It sounds like a remix with the guitar anyway, so why not experiment with the bass and other parts too? Because of the great guitaring, but letdown by the poor balance in dynamics i'm giving it a (I think) fair 7.

TritoneAngel responds:

That was an excellent review man, thank you for the constructive criticism. I actually agree with you on all counts -- I think I could have done a lot more with this. Thanks for the advice buddy.