Reviews for "FF7 -- Battle"

Nice solo!

Cool man I loved the guitar solo! But the background music you were following was from the original FF7 sound track? Nevertheless the solo was original so I gave you an 8 in that department. The background music sounded like it was ripped from a casette tape recording of FF7 so you might wanna change that. Stil nice work!

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review dude! In my defense, the part at the end is actually just something I noticed -- the riff that's played in the song is very similar to the song from "Gurgu Volcano" in FF1; I just sort of brought that to the forefront.

The background is a midi rendering of the song, tweaked such that the instrumentation is just matched really well to the original sound. Not a direct rip.

Nice

Not original in picking FF7 battle but a good one

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review dude.

Very Nice!

I realy like this song to begin with, and it was definatly screaming to have a guitar with it. One of the few things that would make this song better would be to have the background music not sound like it was so distant from the recording device (I don't know if that makes sense or not). Even just making it louder to match your guitar would be good. (I have a nice version that I threw together in Fruity Loops that sounds realy nice that you could use :-p j/j) Anyway, very nice. I'm keeping a copy of this on my computer :-)

Thanks for the review!

You hit the nail right on the head -- the mix in this recording is definitely subpar. When I get around to it, I'll submit a sharper version. Keep listening...

very nice

the guitar was awesome but you need to fix the background and it will be perfect, well almost perfect ;)

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review, dude!

Really good!

This was excellent, I love the live guitar, but I have to agree with the folks and say that the volume of the different layers of music is out of whack. But I wont be a poor sport, I know how hard it is to get a decent recording when your playing a real guitar. Your a very talented guitarist, This song isnt the best one i've heard, but hearing how you play makes me bookmark your page because I know that things will only get better in this case. Keep up the good work, and bring us more Live guitar action!

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks a bunch buddy! I definitely think my later FF submissions came out better, but this one just happens to be more popular and recognizable.

Thank you for the compliment on the guitar playing -- always feels really awesome to hear someone appreciate something I've dedicated so much of my life to doing. Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope to keep you listening.