Reviews for "FF7 -- Battle"

Great

Originality got a low score because it was music from FF7 (the most popular freakin video game EVER!) played on an electric guitar (the best instrument EVER!) so the resulting combination isnt the most unique idea, but that doesn't matter because it was badass. I even downloaded it not necessarily to use it in a flash I might actually make but just to listen to it lol

5/5

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks a lot dude! Glad you enjoyed it. Feel free to check out some of my other Final Fantasy covers, which are of far better recording quality, for the most part. Thanks for the download too dude.

The guitar r0x my s0x.

Very beautiful guitarwork, but I agree with another reviewer that it overshadows the background synths.

Aside from that gripe, this not only captures the mood of the original, but takes it to a new level.

Perhaps a remix is in order?

I voted '4' for you.

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks for the review dude! And I'm glad I rocked your Sox -- I'm a big Yankee fan. lol

Thanks again man. I'm considering redoing it eventually in a more souped up version.

Awsome

I love it man, I like how you play. I also read that your a play by ear person, not to many of us left eh. I like to see that some are still doing it. This was awsome to hear and I will be sure to download it. I will be sure to hear the rest of your music.

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks a bunch dude! Glad to have grabbed another fan.

Yeah, I started playing by ear when I first picked up the guitar -- sitting for hours with the Guns N' Roses album Appetite for Destruction blasting and just copying note for note. But I was lucky enough to have an uncle who graduated from Berklee (and had the almighty Steve Vai as his roommate!!!!) and he lent me his books, so I learned theory and reading music very early by getting into that. While my ear has definitely been honed by all those years of picking up things by listening, I think that learning to read music really helped me make a big leap.

Thanks again for the review buddy! I hope you like the rest of my submissions as well. I'll be updating as frequently as possible, but it will probably be at least a few weeks before the next big submission due to travel committments.

Holy shit dude

Seriously, you have unbelievable talent on the guitar. I love both Final Fantasy VII and guitar, so this is pretty awesome for me. I also play guitar, so when I heard this I wanted to try to figure out how to play it, but I've been having trouble. I've only been playing guitar for about a year and a half so it's not easy for me to figure stuff out. I've looked for tabs for this but the ones I found weren't nearly as roarin as yours is. Do you think you could possibly help me out here, maybe put your tabs up somewhere? Because I know that I am not the only one that would want to learn how to play that. Thanks alot, you friggin rule man.

Thanks a lot dude! I really appreciate it. *grins*

Unfortunately, no tabs for me dude. I never liked 'em. I was always a big play-by-ear person, but learning to read music is absolutely invaluable in my opinion. Takes a while, but definitely helps.

Long term I would strongly recommend learning to read music, but more immediately, just stick with it and keep trying new ideas and fingerings and you'll be sure to get it. Patience and perserverance will get you everywhere on guitar -- don't get discouraged.

If you'd like, try playing the song (or any song you're looking to learn) on Windows Media Player or a similar program and slowing down the speed to 1/2 and just dividing the song into segments. Sometimes it's easier to learn challenging songs in pieces, then put the pieces together afterward, thinking of it as a few short chunks as opposed to one large painful song.

Good luck dude -- and keep playing. You'll be schoolin' your friends in no time.

Really good!

This was excellent, I love the live guitar, but I have to agree with the folks and say that the volume of the different layers of music is out of whack. But I wont be a poor sport, I know how hard it is to get a decent recording when your playing a real guitar. Your a very talented guitarist, This song isnt the best one i've heard, but hearing how you play makes me bookmark your page because I know that things will only get better in this case. Keep up the good work, and bring us more Live guitar action!

TritoneAngel responds:

Thanks a bunch buddy! I definitely think my later FF submissions came out better, but this one just happens to be more popular and recognizable.

Thank you for the compliment on the guitar playing -- always feels really awesome to hear someone appreciate something I've dedicated so much of my life to doing. Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope to keep you listening.