Reviews for "DS Ibby's Hair Restorer"

It was ok but I'm in a good mood...

"You gave this entry a 5!
You're the saviour! You are one of a number of people who have helped keep this entry in the Portal!"

you can thank me later
=)

IceDragon64 responds:

It takes generous people like you to make up for the noobs who vote zero on work taking hours and hours to do.
Thank you!

nice

it's nice to see the occasional animation where someone doesn't get their head blown off. there should be more people like you :D
loved the use of windows noises btw

IceDragon64 responds:

I will PM you when I do more then. I have lots of projects on the way and no-one loses their head in any of them! there ARE more people like me- the Dragons & Spirits include a number of Flash authors who have similar values- all working on projects at present.
You liked the Windows sounds? OMG! Your the first!
Sadly, IHR is being maliciously voted down by someone regularly. You can see by the slow tick of votes against the flow of good reviews. Whoever it is tracks the reviews too. Sad individual with no life!
Thanks for your support.
Best Wishes,
IceDragon of the Dragons & Spirits
PS. Congratulations on the award.

Coolies

I'm really shocked that you only used Windows Media stock sound files to pull this off. I never would have guessed--and it fits the animation so well.

++Very nice quality--I love the colorful world. Nice attention to detail, especially with the smoke coming out of the carts at the airport.

-When the car screeched to a hault, the streak lines stopped before the car did, which shouldn't have happened.

-The beginning Ibby's Hair Restorer title shot had far too high of a contrast between the red text and the blue bg.

++I love the facial expressions of Ibby's lips. How did you do that? I'm guessing you fbf'd that. I'm not sure, but it's a fantastic effect that you pulled off. I've never see something like that before.

+Nice factory shots and inside jokes with the labels. They were on screen for just the amount of time needed to get the joke, which was expertly done.

I really liked the simple story but it would have been nice if there was more conflict as a whole. Still, it was a wonderfully made flash animation.

IceDragon64 responds:

Thank you so much for your detailed review.
1. I am proud of the sounds. I set my heart on doing it this way and some of the scenes, such as the lift, were created to use the sound! The sounds are made speeding up, slowing down and mixing sounds- the car, the lorry and the plane are the same sound! The smoke out of the forklift truck took 21/2hours of getting it wrong before I got it right!
3. I will imporve the skid marks
4. I will check out the contrast
5. Lips were FBF. I took ed77's 2 second animation and developed it, altering each frame of his FBF and inserting another 30 frames. ed77 (the real Ibby) is such an over the top, expressive person he doesn't do small smiles!
This is SUCH a controversial movie! people LOVE or HATE the MS sounds and after all that effort on the lips, for example, it got blammed 3 times! This is already a labour of love and its far from finished yet!

Very well done!

The backgrounds on every scene was done with care, time and precision.
It looked very well.

The sounds gave it a comical effect which I enjoyed.
It added nicely to the rest of the animation.

The character looked a bit strange but was still good!
Work on that a bit.

Some of the animation wasnt the greatest but still worked very well with the overall animation.

The story was a little weak but that was good for a first flash.
Its better than the usual fight to the death.

I loved the little jokes you left here and there.
It was great because you didnt even need spoken words.

Overall I thought it was very well done for a first flash and all you need is to brush up on your animation skills.

Good luck in future flashes.

IceDragon64 responds:

Thank you very much for your time and attention.
It is true that the story isn't quite there yet; it needs a better ending, which we will make.
The basic character was simply what I was given by earthdragon77 to make a flash with, although I have improved it quite a bit, believe it or not!
I was tempted to change crazy eyes, but somehow it is part of the eccentric appeal to those who like it.
I assure you there are more on the way with our own distinctive and original style.- and better sounds!

i remember this one

im glad to see it finally pass, good job with the overhaul

what people seem to forget is no one is born with super skills with flash, or anything else, it takes practice and dedication which can so easily be snuffed out by bad reviews and having your hard work snubbed as being below par

i hope you and earthdragon77 continue with flash, and im glad to hear he's been perked up by this success

those super skills that many expect from flash artists will come, all it takes is time and a love of what your trying to do

good luck with your next movie

IceDragon64 responds:

Thank you for your kind comments. I assure you there is more on the way. ed77 and myself now have a mic, so we are able to finish a lot of outstanding work.
Do PM me if you have any ideas for IHR or IHR 2.
Best Wishes
Ice
PS
It amuses me that a week after judgement some sad individual is reading our reviews every day and marking the good ones as unhelpful even when they make suggestions!