Reviews for "Classic Balloon Fight"

the trip

Played fight mode. Got 23xx. Played trip mode 2x. First time, I swear there was no path at all through the spikes. Played fight mode again, getting 25xx.

-- The pre-loader screen is horrible and doesn't fit the style/colours elsewhere.

+++ I like the idea of a limited-length fight mode. Good for the web market.

+++ Great bg info

++ instructions screen

-- I found that the fight mode seems to always be identical.

--- The randomised trip mode can sometimes be spaced in a way that doesn't let you pass.

--- 2 control methods. Why?

--- No high score saved.

==
Had fun, but this could still be improved a fair bit.

Already a good game, though the trip mode seems pants.

tank2tank responds:

Thanks for giving all the pros and cons. I'll bear it in mind when making the sequel. I think I'll drop the mouse control method, and I can't fix the major problem with trip mode, so I might drop that aswell.
But don't worry cos I've got an AWESOME idea of a new mode to put in the sequel. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

zeen

Heheh, this is a fun game. My only problem is that the background is dark!

tank2tank responds:

Dark? The original had a dark background.

Fun old-school game, but time's up too fast

Well it's your first flash game as it's my first review, and actually i'd be really proud if mine was as cool as yours. I really like the old-school graphics and sound. I only had one problem, in fighting mode, with the time-limit. Maybe i'm a real bad player, but without wasting much time, time was up before i managed to knock down the third man in level 2. Over reviews don't mention it, so am i the slowest balloon-banger of NG or is there a problem with my flash/computer/... ?

tank2tank responds:

Dunno. I never found the time limit an issue. Your flash could be running a bit slow. But I'm going to try to sort this out in the sequel.

((( ENTERTAINING )))

~~REVIEW~~
Ha i had fun with this, a sorta new twist on the new game, fun stuff though, and i love how you kept it in its old style of graphics, a fun and silly game, keep up the good work...

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
Maybe some mixture of new art and old sprites...

~~OVERALL~~
Funny classic game with a twist...

~X~