Reviews for "SBC: Rise To Power"

Outstanding.

Outstanding, amazing job.

I usually don't like games like this. I LOVED this one. It kept me enthralled, entertained, and I really wanted to get to the ending.

It was also funny in spots, which was kind of cool.

Again, GREAT work!

authorblues responds:

thank you so much, gamescool.
youre still my motherfuckin hero.

Awesome Game

This game is bad ass, nicely written, cool story, looks great, I've added it to my favorites. I'll come back and finish once clock day settles down. Happy Clock Day!!!

happy clock day 2006

hahaha, well done, guys :P

darkfire, i told you everything i will be saying in here, but since authorblues isn't on msn, i may as well review this :P

first off, the graphics. the art in this was minimalistic, but was still oozing with style. i really, really, really, really, really, really liked it :P

style: i covered this before, graphics-wise, but there are other things that i think fit under style. particularly, the humor. according to darkfire_blaze, authorblues, you wrote all of the stuff in here (except one joke he told me about). your sense of humor is very clever, witty, wry, subtle, but above all, funny. i'll go more in detail in the humor section.

sound: not much sound. i did like the music and the bell ringing o_o

violence: uh, i suppose waid flump FALLING TO HIS DEATH counts as violence. :P

interactivity: i did not find one bug. excellent work. also, the controls were easy and it was kept simple and fun. however, i do wish you included directions for the inventory in the instructions. when i obtained the yo-yo after i got the guard's uniform, i thought i lost it. but i moused over the arrow and ALAS, it worked.

humor: my god, i loved this aspect. nothing was really like "BLARGH, A JOKE!", it was all very subtle and very funny. i caught nearly all the jokes (except that "strawberryclock, you are one thrifty customer." one. i didn't notice the spongebob connection until darkfire_blaze pointed it out :P). the fact that you made me walk across the map multiple times for nothing would have frusterated many people, but i recognized your subtle attempt at humor, and it worked. i found it funny that i had to walk all that way for some stupid quest. this isn't sarcasm, by the way (: i liked how it referenced back-tracking in many games.
however, one thing really INFURIATED me (not really). i played through once without doing that phoenix down thing (would that count as an easter egg?), and dfblaze told me something special would happen. so i gave you the benefit of the doubt and totally replayed it. i gained a non-existant level. that kind of annoyed me, but i still found it funny because i did all that for nothing.

excellent job, you two. you ought to work on games more often (:

(by the way, mr. authorblues. may i have the honor of mustering a response from you on this humble review? :P)

authorblues responds:

glad you liked the humor. we have been talking about making an rpg for a while, and this was just a good excuse. expect this same engine being rehashed in a FULL game, complete with a bit of combat and experience systems.

congratulations for getting to level NaN. hahaha...

and i believe the term you are looking for is "garnering", such as "may i have the honor of garnering a response from you".

cool

to eazy do a hard version but hat still rocked

authorblues responds:

glad you liked it. it took us 3 days to make, so there was no time to make a "hard" version.

awsome