Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "The Origin of the Hair"

Absolutely brilliant

Wow, that must have taken you such a long time to make. It takes a lot of skill to make an actual professional cartoon on paper. Fantastic job, I hope to see more

NoComicsComics responds:

Heh, I don't know about professional, but thanks for the review. Glad to see you like it. It did take a very long time, about 7 months. I started it in November, two weeks before turning 17 and finished it in June. Actually, more like 8 months, since I finshed the voices in July. Anway, I hope to be making some more stuff too, maybe even a hand-drawn mini-series, who knows?

wow!!!

this was amazing very original u have sum f***ing talent dude the animation in thth thing was as good the simpsons, u gotta do more of these u could even be a pro one day, out standing this should go straight to number one!!!.

NoComicsComics responds:

Wow, thanks. What a review, that is quite a nice comliment. I'm glad to see people enjoying this and leaving good reviews. Actually, cartooning is not quite the direction I'm looking towards, but I will be working in film-making. I hope to submit some more hand-drawn stuff, but not until later this year.

Quality animation with a quirky story-line

I wouldn't be surprised if this found it's way onto the front page.

I hope you're able to invest in a better sound recording device..The air blasting sounds on certain letters detracted from the movie a bit. The voice acting was enjoyable, though.
I would've liked to have seen the frame around the animation a little more dressed up..The bland, solid color just wasn't doing it for me. Perhaps you could find an old, yellowed newspaper or comic book, scan it in and blur it until it's indistinguishable but still conveys that sort of setting for the animation.

Quirky story-line, I enjoyed it. The style of animation held together well too, it reminded me perfectly of an old Andy Capp comic book.

NoComicsComics responds:

Thank you very much. I'll tell ya, I imagined this kind of response from people, but I never really expected it. Front page would be great, but I'm just happy to have a better score then my previous submission, so maybe that'll be my goal for my next cartoon. Anyway, my mic is terrible, I do feel bad that I was unable to have a better recording system. Any investments I make will be put towards a program to make animating a little easier (I will still do frame by frame animation, the program would be for coloring and backrounds mostly). Thanks again for such an encouraging review!

Great to see hand drawn animation come alive again

This was a breath of fresh "hair" in as a sea of many lost gigabytes! I feel that animators are using the computer so often because it's there and have not fully explored other avenues available to them. You have quietly taken the other route...and successfully! Congratulations! I'll be looking forwarding to enjoying your next submission! Bravo and Keep up the good work!

Did you know that back "in the time of knights, kings, queens, et cetera" your barber was also your local surgeon?