Reviews for "NG Sketchbook Tour 06"

ekublai review continued

Googum: don't know what to make of it except thy're definitely sketches 8.6/10
Zombiepimp: Hotness! that's tight pimp. The snake mouths a little weird but it's very delcate and nice 9.2/10
PsyGf: Nice work, good use of thick outlines and nice classical style 9.3/10
MindCbr: Took me awhile to figure it out. The D is too hard to read but it's nice 8.8/10
NegaOne: Wow. I love the different background levels and the whole scene just really speaks out. 9.5/10
NatMilBur:Doesnt take up enough space. good though 7.8/10
Rudy: girls face is pricless 8.1/10
Alnbox: Argh scratchout! 6.9/10
bezmn: Variety. Awesome style and angles 9.6/10
KSD: Great fills up page cept for the guys angle on left 9/10
Mnwfi: rival's Aloneinthedark talent for landscape. I thought th clouds movedlol 9.7/10
SquToad: Interesting... Pastels? Don't see alot of that 8.8/10
RA24: So much going on. a world of wackiness. 9.8/10
wonchop: too much anime for me. 8.5/10
luksy: a face... 6.8/10 oh wait. AC nerd 7.3/10
Stamper: Stamper... 10/10
TomFulp: What can I say, it's beautiful, a gorgeous ensemble of vivid imagery that builds you up, slowly breaks you heart, tenderly mends it , then breaks it once more. It's a reminder of all the terrible things... that I see everyday. The oppression, the taunting. "silly rabbit, tricks are for kids."

And so that is my amazing review of thsi great sketchbook.

Cool

Many nice pics here. Stamper you crazy weirdo, thats what i got to say when your pic showed up XD

Damn, i wish i couldve spent time making a pic too so i could send it in. I guess i just missed out. Bah, ill try doing it next year, f there ever will be another sketchbook collab again -_-

The crossroads...

...where teenaged boys meet a growing art form, both of which are not necessarily exclusive--teenage boys have creativity too, it just strays towards boobs, videogames, and beer. And what ties all those together? NEWGROUNDS. Newgrounds, where one can express the inexpressable; where one can tap into the infinite and abiding idolization by the masses of NES characters; where one can laugh at the absurd, distasteful, and grotesque literally until dawn, through devious use of the "search' panel. Newgrounds is the stomping ground of everyone from junior high--highschool internet addicts to graphic arts undergraduates to professional artists, animators, and programmers. Part of the reason Newgrounds gets so many crappy submissions is that everyone wants a piece of the Flash pie--which is also what makes it great. There's no censorship; you are entirely at the mercy of your peers, not some mod. Anything goes. The same way ten years ago every teenaged boy wanted his own death metal band, today every kid wants to be able to live off of the proceeds from their computer-generated cartoons. You get animations ranging between arguing over pirates vs. ninjas to displaying the finer artistic points involved in animation, and some that do both. Some flashes suck, some are awesome, and everyone and anyone can express themselves totally, because what MAKES a flash awesome is almost totally random, and the only scale of greatness is how much soul someone put into it. Look at Numa Numa--it's critics call it a fat guy singing a crappy song into a low-quality webcam; most call it amazing. Why? Because you can't help but respect and laugh with a guy blatantly making fun of himself, his friends, and that song in joyful, random, childish abandonment. This sketchbook should be published and sold on the site; I know I'd buy it, if only to chronicle what I can't help but think of as an ephemeral phenomena that is one of the cornerstones of internet culture in its most developmental, impressionable stages. But who knows; maybe Newgrounds will turn out like Google; a reviled and simultaneously worshipped monopoly of flash animations and games that makes or breaks artists based on how many 'front-pages' they have. Sorry I'm a little wordy tonight. To cut to the chase--this book is awesome, though the image quality could be better, and it makes me happy to see so many classic NG animators making an effort to create a more traditional art project, in a more flexible media.

Pretty awesome

First I'd like to say, the beginning letter, that was funny. Anyways, the pictures. Some of them were funny, some of them were... Odd... And some were just Awesome (Not to mention the ones that were complicatedly interesting). Tom Fulp's drawing, I have no comment. I'll be honest about Tom's picture though, I was disappointed. I thought it was going to be something crazy, but oh well. That city, by Sean... Holy crap that was awesome. The Penny... Mr. Rodger's Trolley... NOW, thanks to you, I'll be like, "Hey, Mr. Rodger's Trolley!" everytime I look on the back of a Penny.

All in all, that was awesome. Can't wait for the next one (If there is going to be a next one.)

Bitchin

Man there was some really sick artwork in there. Some of those drawing would look good as tattoo.