Reviews for "Redwood's Furnace"

Very good

I heard this song on Youtube a while ago and I finally found it. Just want to let you know you did a epic job here with the song man. 10/10 and 5/5

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

I think you are probably the first person to find me here from YouTube.
It's usually the other way around
Thanks for coming all the way here to let me know what you thought :]

Awesome!

I really like the rhythem to this song, and I'm probably going to put this on my mp3 after this review. However, from what the guy is saying and how the voice sounds, reminds me of Zach de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine (He's the singer if you have no idea who I am talking about). Rage was highly political, and even if it's not him, still an epic song and keep up the good work!

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

It's not him and I hardly know anything about him or the band
Glad you enjoyed it regardless

made in a day?..

..bullshee-it. it sounds way too professional for a 1-day track. little repetitive, yes, but i bet it would be good for rapping over, or for an old-school funk vocalist to sing over. i really like this track, i could loop this for hours and not be tired of it, which i think is what i'm going to do. good work.

P.S. kidding. if you say you made it in a day, i believe you.

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

This was very well made in under a day!
As we were working on the project, every time I went to the page I'd hear Sunspot.
Now after about 5 times it gets a little annoying, so after 30 times I was wadesrdgf
Plus, games that only have 1 track don't tend to impress too many people, so I thought at least 2 would cover enough time for the "player" to get what he or she needs done.

But uh yeah it's definitely repetitive, and I might make a remix or something.
I had already thought of doing this in the past, but it sounded exactly like what I did to Sunspot, so I dropped it
I agree with the vocals; it could be done!

Thanks for your thoughts JackRocker

James Joyce?

Is the voice saying James Joyce. Regardless this vibes me of those sample artists like The Avalanches, this s*&it tastes as good as home made stew. I do not mind putting it on repeat for a while, its a well balance tune. 5/5.

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

"Stop the madness, bring the noise, stop the violence" is just repeated throughout the entire track
As long as it's beef stew I'm a-ok with it B]
Glad you enjoyed Ef-X and thanks for your thoughts

Interesting.

I think this is decent. Not really what I would consider funk, but catchy nonetheless. I think it sounds like something that might be playing in the background of a Katamari game.

SHADOWFOX2 responds:

If not funk, I'm not really sure what you would consider it at all aside from Katamari BGM
I'm going to stick with funk/hip-hop
It's not a spot on example of back in the day funk music with real time instruments being played
However, it does contain a lot of the elements of funk as well as other genres, so it's stayin'
+ it's too late to change it now anyways