Reviews for "Mutants II"

through it

Played it. Initially skipped the text and intro animation, though after completion I decided to have a look. Played through to the end. Took me a while to understand how the items worked. Completed it, with a 'bad ending'. I have to ask - are there multiple endings?

+++ Core gameplay is fairly fun.

++++ The various items are fun and interesting to use.

++++ Weapon 5 is cool.

--- I think we should have more feedback for the items. I mean when we pick one up, have it so that it momentarily shows the number of items we now have of that sort.

--- If we could use ASDW for directions, that'd be more intuitive, specially with the other buttons used.

--- Core gameplay is a bit limited.

--- reincarnating enemies are annoying

-- I don't think you introduce the mechanics well enough. I think the first few screens should have been an ultra-easy tutorial for the mechanics. The whole thing with the items could have been better explained, I felt.

-- Quite a few typos and errors in the writing.

==
Cool game.

I enjoyed playing through it.

Toccuma responds:

The "bad - or if i may just release confusion on that, "negitive" ending" is due to to this being set before the first Mutants. *If* I ever make a third, it'll be set after that, possibly allowing then for a happy ending. But other than that you make some valid statements and suggestions,I'll note them if a third arrises, Thx o^-^o

Some gameplay problems, but overall it was good enough to make up for them. Specifically these were the gameplay problems:

1. The keys are too spread out. If my right hand is on the mouse, I have to take my left hand off the arrow keys to use/select any items. This was especially a problem in the final battle where I had to stop moving in order to press space and heal. You should have used WASD movement keys.

2. The item-selection should be done by hotkeys instead of scrolling through options. Basically the way it is now, you have to select what item you want to use BEFORE going into battle, and that's the only one you'll be able to use for the whole battle since you don't have time to scroll through the items during battle. Which is too bad since you have some cool items, such as the crystal freeze and the spinning swords. If I could press c for crystal freeze and maybe v for swords, I'd use them both all the time and it would be more fun.

2. I finished the game with only pistol, uzi, and shotgun. I had no idea that the game was over immediately after that battle so I didn't look for the rest of the weapons. And now that I won the game, I can't continue from the last checkpoint to get the other weapons, whatever they were. Which is too bad since one of the things I like about playing games is getting a lot of different weapons.

3. By the way what do the "antidote" potions do? They don't improve health or cause any effect I can see.

It was definitely a potentially really good game, make more levels and story and fix the keyboard layout and it's a definite 10/10.

Good but glitch?

It's repetative but GJ anyway I had fun with it. Is their a glitch in the part where you get all the guns -once I have them I can't get back out.

Is it just me or was that The Warriors' theme?

That song playing while you walk around looking for trouble, was that not the theme from The Warriors (the movie)?

Fun game, good controls.

D.

Difficult controls, yet very fun to play

For all of you who read the reviews because you can't figure out where all the guns are....or just want the good old fashioned cheat code (if you want to play fresh, quit reading!!!) Here you go:

Triangle Square Star Circle...put it in the password <--duh
this will start you off with a fresh game with every weapon :P.

Good luck, and happy gaming.
Killer Noob
(You gotta love this game, 4 playthroughs :)