Reviews for "Twilight Valkyrie"

it was okay, potential for a sequal

for the sequal i reccomend
. shooting an enemy with the wrong type of bullets makes that enemy one hit stronger
. dont tell the audience whats going to happen
. more work on background
. better music
. ship changes with each level up
. work hareder for level ups
. ship tilts when moving up and down
. rapid fire

otherwise a kool game but definitley needs improving

Galaga/Ikaruga/Einhander-like shooter!

First off, I was amazed at the quality of the graphics. Definitely amongst the high-quality work on Newgrounds. I thought the fuzziness of the mic added an "air radio" feel to it, so the quality of the mic came in handy after all! I got a real feel for the air combat and the chaos and frantic things going on. Good work on that. What's definitely neat is the step-by-step, gradual building of difficulty. Letting the player know was a really good idea on your part. It let me prepare myself a little. Music-wise, it was a good choice, but it did irritate me after a couple of minutes. A wider variety of songs would've been better.

Other than that, great!

*Rating based on Graphics, Style, Sound, and Interactivity: 37/40 = 9.25

Hey it's me, sadistically long reviewer guy!

Alright lets just go with the basics

On the graphics they were well done, I didn't have any problem with HOW they were made, just with what, I found the designs of the ships kind of boring to my thoughts, somthing sharper or somthing without outlines would have been better, I didn't really like how the lines on the ships were thick.

On killing things the ships should have flown slower but taken more to kill, like the first things you would fight would be 1 hit to kill and it'd get higher up later on, I didn't like the system of 'blue kills blue' 'red kills red' it just made things confusing, what would have been better is if you had a limited number of green and blues which did extra damage and you found for power ups for the ammo for them, and the laser being infinite but weak in power. That probably would have been a better system.

There were WAY too many ships at some points, and i was able to deal with it health wise but accuracy really took a toll from that, when I realised at the end that misses messed up your score, I was pretty pissed off basically. losing score for accuracy? I meen an accuracy BONUS score would have been a better idea than losing points. cuz I got a total of -17000 becuase of how often i missed (which was becuase of how fast ships were moving and the gun choices I had to make every second)

having to deal with SO MANY thoughts at the same time threw me off I was disoriented the whole game, i was trying to keep my witness count down, while at the same time making sure i killed everyone, and deciding what gun, + avoiding collisions and bullets. NOT FUN FOR ME

It's a challenging game but in a way that's more of an annoyance than entertainment I think. It was a good game, it had some original ideas, but somtimes original ideas aren't good ones, in this case the fighting program really wasn't ment to be how it was

also the music choice, HORRIBLE music choice. I dunno if that songs called valkyrie or somthing but honestly that did not fit the game, and it only served to annoy me. Somthing more Techno or Death metal would have fit this game better.

Sound effects are really what i liked about this game though, the sound effects were perfectly timed and suited the weapons very well, explosions fit the animation. if therz anything you did righti n here it's definantly the sound effects.

but the gameplay and style of graphics just drove me crazy. I'll give it a 3/5 for the fact that this would have been HARD AS HELL, but it wasn't Fun for me.

(PS, did you copy the sheild graphics from Star Wars Dark forces? becuase I recall those being int hat game)

Awesome

I just so happened to be listening to Ride of the Valkyries just before I stumbled upon this game. It seemed sorta freeky to me

Pretty Good

This is a very good game...challenging...yet fun enough for me to want more...very nice graphics for a quick game...very interactive...allowing you to control most movements and actions...very very nice...i would like to see more games like it