Reviews for "Mechanicum"

Sounds like Madness

For me, this piece just sounds like it's got to be used ad infinitum for the flash that are going to be made for Madness Day. This piece has all of the beats, rhythms and tricks that get used in a regular Madness style game and as a result, there is a certain premonition of extreme violence around the track as a whole.

I think that the voices that you've added in sound industrial enough and so does the rest of the track to stray away from the Techno side of things, but that's down to your own choice at the end of the day. Perhaps throw some sort of a drum solo in there for effect, but other than that, you sound like you're on a roll.

[Review Request Club]

EvilScorpio responds:

Well, you are the most poetical reviewer who I know)) :3 Thanks for good review) Madness music? Hmm...why not? =) If somebody will use it - it's okay)
I'm thinking about the improving of this track) When I'll make a new version - RRC team will get it first)

Review Request Club

I thought the thing really worked and if I didn't know that this was a game song, I would have just gave this a bad score but this ACTUALLY has a meaning so I will start here:

I thought the loops were kind of overused because I literally heard the same thing for a long time but I know this IS game music but what about something more original? That's all I hear for game music! I thought it was cool to see some things in the middle that sounded like robots.

I like how it gives you the impressionistic feel of a factory or a future robot-ran city but that's probably what the game is going to be about right? Future? But you didn't need to keep this going for six minutes because it seriously sounds the same in the third minute and the 4th minute!

It would be cool to add more effects to it to give the gamer the full effect or at least more robot sound because hearing that for a while would give little children but I heard another robot sound get louder every minute so grats for that. But that's about all I really needs to be said about this.

EvilScorpio responds:

Thanks for the review) I'll try to improve this track...I just hope I don't lost the project file...

Okay

Well, for game music it's actually quite good and I think it fits very well into the C&C world, as the other tracks (at least in C&C 1, the only one I've actually played -.-) are very "mechanical" as well. So your track fits in there nicely.

While the song gets very repetitve after a while the repetitiveness wouldn't be such a problem while gameing. If you play a game you don't listen to the background music that closely, but instead you are looking for something that has a good atmosphere and that let's you dive deeper into the gaming world. And I think this track fulfills the job very nicely.

So overall, this isn't a track I would listen to on my MP3 player, but I can imagine listening to this while playing C&C.

{ Review Request Club }

Nice!!

I agree w/ Haggard, it's a loop, but this is a music for Comand & Conquer, so, you'll not listen so carefully while playing, you just need a nice music that gives you the best gaming imersion, and you did a nice job here, i can imagine someone playing C&C w/ this song...

It hasf an eletric beat, it fits perfectly w/ the game subject, it gave me a kind of Metal feeling (metal, not Heavy Metal, such as Iron Maiden...), and I think the Metal feeling is crutial for this kind of game... The beats are very well done, everything fits w/ the main beat, the drums are very syncronized to the music, the bass is nice, it gives more electric feeling...

Everything is well done man... Keep it up w/ the good work!!

(Review Request Club)
Roger

~ Review Request Club ~

It sounds like it would be great background music so great job there. I'll have to admit that it had a great sound and even though it got repetitive it never really got boring. Actually it was a pretty fun song to listen to.

The vocals were great and I don't think the submission would be very good without them as it tends to break up the repetitiveness and adds a nice touch of variety in there. It could actually be several minutes shorter and probably be just as good if not better though.

~ Review Request Club ~