Reviews for "R!SE"

Excellent!

Great game man! You cheered me right up with the cute little characters I could make with it :3

Well, graphics were stupendous, the style of the whole thing was pheonomanal, the song was catchy (was it a remake of the underwater levels in mario?) Very interactive, humerous due to the characters, so overall, great job!

Denvish responds:

Yeah, it was Mario Water level - one of my favourite VG tunes (nostalgia...), check the credits (in the creature builder) for a link to the audio file

Nice to see the API dress-up completed!

I remember you mentioning starting an API dress-up for the (now dead) API collab. And here it is, combined with a fun game. Congrats on another sweet pure code jewel.
The graphics must have taken forever to draw and integrate through APIT. I agree with your comment (somewhere, review response?) that API games will have a though time in scoring unless they get better graphics. I think we're not too far though. I only wish we could generate sounds as well..

Denvish responds:

Yeah, that would be cool. Closest I've come is to use tiny snippets (microseconds) of sound (see: Chalice) and loop them to produce a certain pitch - it's quite possible to produce 8-bit-ish tunes for a very small filesize that way, but unfortunately not pure code

i LOVED IT!

absolutely awesome, you can not only make the cutest little creatures, but can also smash them, although it makes me sad, because i spent time making the sad little soildiers.....

wowwy

this game is so freaken.........cool...i never would have thought of anything like it.great job ,bye

funneh!

i like to just pick the creature up and smash it on the groun it gives me the lolz. XD