Reviews for "No Sympathy-Bard+Deathkalypse"

technically

The album is "Eyes Sewn Open EP" by my band / side group project With Man Comes Massacre :P but anyways, lol.

The vocals are pretty good, but i kinda feel that the lyrics are out of place, like they don't fit with the genre of the music (metalcore). It be perfect for deathcore or death metal or something along the lines of that, but not so much with more melodic tunes like this one.

TheBardOfBlasphemy responds:

ah crap! sorry about the confusion, will fix that right away :P

as for the lyrics... hehe... yeah i can understand the p.o.v. your putting forth. Taken literally they're nothing but a gore-fest but the lyrics were actually written as a metaphor. They're intended to represent the stripping of power away from major record companies by people like you - who are making music without the need for a label or any b.s. associated with those corporations - and by the countless people freely sharing music.

haha, they're still pretty full on, though... i wouldn't have it any other way \m/

metalcore

5/5 for the vocals, music could be better. Guitars are kinda boring.

TheBardOfBlasphemy responds:

nah the guitars do what they need to for the style he's aiming for, i reckon.

cheers for the listen, man. I'm still trying to figure out how to add vox to one of your tracks without suffering an aneurysm :D

Very nice.

Best guitar tone I've heard thus far on newgrounds, full and gutsy. This song is a great representation of metalcore/modern thrash (I really hate to label it though). The vox are strong, and have a nice sinister sound. What I particularly like about the vocals is that I can understand them without them losing any of the aggression needed to pull a song like this off. All in all, A very cool song with the guitar and vox taking the limelight.

Only thing I would suggest is turning the bass (the instrument) up a bit in the mix, I think it would push the verse over the edge into a real chest beater. Good work, I quite enjoyed this.

TheBardOfBlasphemy responds:

awesome... thanks a lot for the listen, review and positive feedback.

yeah Deathkalypse did an awesome job on this track... he's turning into a monster of metal on the AP

glad you like the vocal style... i do take pride in trying to make my vox "clear yet psycho" and i agree, it's cool to be able to understand them sometimes.

cheers again!

Br00tal

Duuuude, very nice. Got some great vox. :D

thanks man!

great!

Drum track nicely done...better than most vocals...but do somethin about the guitar tone man.....too fuzzy.....what gear do you use?

TheBardOfBlasphemy responds:

nar not me, you'll need to talk to deathcalypse

cheers for the listen