Reviews for "Aspiration Rd. 2 {NewYear Mix}"

WOW!

it' s fantastic it' s really fantastic

is well done for a techno party

Thanks =)

Probably kind of a harsh review but...

I'm not too fond of this particular progression, I feel it's a bit overdone, but I really do like the melodies you've come up with, it's definitely really catchy. :D Here's my critique, I hope this doesn't come across as offensive:

The levels are ABSOLUTELY unbalanced beyond belief. the leads you used for the melodies are fluctuating in loudness and at some points are overcompressing the track and it sounds really, really sloppy. As far as fullness, things sound fine with the bass, but when you lose that, the track gets lost too. The kickdrum is overcompressed too and the frequency sweeps, while somewhat original, don't work for this song at all. The crash is really harsh also, turn that down some.

Suggestions:
1. Add a bassy pad or something to accompany the low-end--work on adding a clean fullness in general
2. Work on maintaining levels, the supersaw and crash are just too high.
3. Try to be careful where you add your filter effects; they are really common and work nice for many tracks, but you kind of overdid i believe.
4. Try to tone it down on the reverb; reverb is generally used to make things sound a bit more smooth/natural, but overdoing it will just make things sound unclear/muddy and it's an ear-sore.

Happy producin! 3/5, 6/10

b0b3rt responds:

Thanks for the review, I understand what you said.

This was basically supposed to be an exercise in automation so I've got no beef with toning it down =P

wow

that's all

nothing special

So I'm listening Ka-Thud to this Ka-thud song and I Ka-thud don't think its Ka-thud all too bad, Ka-thud but its a little bit (goodness, the bass drum cut out for a moment!) and firstly: far too Ka-thud strong with the Ka-thud bass drum, and Ka-thud the melody needs Ka-thud something to back it Ka-thud up for a bit. (okay, i think you're getting the point about the base drum). The bass line itself was decent, i worked with the melody, but it just needs something different.
overall, the song was repetitive, not that exciting, and poorly balanced

erm yeah.

Wow!

This is amazing man! This is really good in my opinion! I really like what you did with the steady drum beats and the faster and higher parts above it. XD It is a big improvement from the last one! Not sure if anyone here knows but the beats through ought most of this song are what is called syncopated,(witch means that, pretty much, they are uneven.) Just a little music lesson... Anyway great job man! Hope to see more, and as always.

Peace.