Reviews for "The Love of Marion"

Very well mixed!

The mix is so clear, I'm very impressed! As usual, Hania provides a beautiful performance. I loved the modulation at 0:24! It made me do an aural double-take (I replayed that section :D). The rest of the track was pleasantly predictable. It definitely works, but I think another prompt modulation would've built intensity further. Food for thought!

Great work both of you, I hope this isn't the last collab!

5/5

Bosa responds:

Thanks! I have to admit, the song is rather plain throughout its entirety - I guess I'm to blame when I rush music production :(

I assure you, this is not the last collab with Bosa and Hania.

Awesome:)

I luv how the music starts off almost somber, moves to really soft and sweet, and eventually blends into Hania's voice. It's a cool piece, super clear and easy to listen to... Great collab and I can't wait to hear more:)

Bosa responds:

And more you shall hear! Thank you for reviewing this piece of music.

A Collab Worth Noting

An extremely smooth and relaxing song people can listen too. I found this song to hit me in the softest and most touching way possible with the introduction of hania at :36. It was such a smooth transition that I sat stunned for what seemed like a near eternity time.
It felt as though it sung of love, even though I could not understand a single word of the song, and that is an amazing achievement. To send a clear image of a single emotion that resonates throughout many people is an accomplishment that transcends you and hania to be one of my(and many people's) most respected artists. You don't need a painting to illustrate the beauty of people, for it is shown by the flow that is your song.
10/10 and 5/5. I think I can comfortably say this is one of the best collabs at Newgrounds.

-axci1234fire (Alex Choi)

P.S. What is the language spoken here, because it sounds so beautiful when hania sings it.

Bosa responds:

I don't know what the language is, as Hania is the one who wrote the lyrics. I'm pretty sure it's just fantasy - kinda like how Tolkien invented Elvish.

Thank you for the in-depth review. I truly appreciate the support you've given me and Hania. I've realized today how far I've grown in music, and this will not be the last collaboration between me and Hania, as I can assure you of that!

Bosa

Lovely =)

I really liked it. Only have a few things to comment that might improve it. At 1:00 - 1:20 when she sings "oo" I think it'd be really affective if you did a counter harmony with it, or have a root and a 5th or 3rd, would really bring that out nicely. Then 1:25- 1:45 with the flute, felt that it was meant to play a little more... Like it felt out of place? Not wrong but just needs to be a little more loud and complex but not too much to take away from her singing. Also thought at 2:10 the string solo should be louder and more of a solo and less of a bridge to another vocal part. And from 3:00 to the end since you just have the flute, think it'd really help if you used a flute with a high octave, to get the same kind of effect be a really good idea to use a bass bamboo flute, I think that'd make it sound spectacular, fit perfectly (but obviously not even every flute player has a bamboo flute let alone people who don't play flute haha). Thats all, I really liked it =) I need to write some vocal pieces haha I started writing a choir one but I'm an instrumentalist before I'm a singer so it's hard for me haha. Keep up the good music =) I love your compositions.

Yes, more please.

This collaboration is great. Hania's voice fits the melody of the song perfectly, and blends very well with the flute and strings.
The song would be great with a strong Bass 1 or Bass 2 Male vocal Singing from Nostoli - Mekino Vesh, and then hania joining and harmonizing with him at Torot, Forporva shkolova. Then Just Hania from Voriem - Romokiva say.
The melody is very suiting for the feel of the song, and the lyrics (made up, but even still) also suit the songs peaceful feel. The song is quite obviously a love song (hence the suggestion of a duet).
The song could do with some stronger instruments that stand out some, maybe a higher pitched flute, or a plucked cello.

You know the whole rating, (technical score+(emotional score x 2))/3
You get a 10/10 for feel/emotional, and a 9/10 for technical. that makes approximately 9.5 which rounds to 10/10

Bosa responds:

I was actually thinking of singing in the next one we do, but I don't know.. it depends.