Reviews for "game engine"

FINISH IT!

I know you said you're dropping the project, but I do hope you change your mind. This game could easily be front page material if you finished it up.

Too Bad

Too bad you're not making the game. The engine is a good start, although I find the movement a bit sluggish. Also, a word of advice. Please use asdw for movement or at least make it an option. Those of us with notebooks will thank you!

Now Finish This Game!

This has potential

Yeah, this one's unfinished, but it's got some serious potential if you ask me. Clean this up!
-You've got debugger information everywhere (numbers and crap)
- It took me the longest time to figure out the screen scrolls. (It's how you win the levels, scroll up and march through the bugs)
-Add a section to the tutorial that explains outdoors combat. I didn't know the commander had airstrikes until I clicked him by accident.
- Change the commander's targeter so that you can't recognise one of those miracle kill shots by the fact that the cursor changes to a text input one. Those should be skill.
- Also, don't do the zoom in cutscene of the bug dying every single time. Do it about once every 35-40 kills and you'll be golden.
- Sound would really shoot this game through the roof
- Revise the soldier command system a little. I find myself clicking them way too fast and I end up ordering them 2 feet away where they promptly cease fire and get eaten.
- And please, add an option to change the game quality. Your debug information that shows the current frame rate, you could probably leave that in. If this thing ran at 20-25 fps, it would absolutely rock.

Keep working on this. I really have a good feeling about it.
-Soltis

cool

it was a fun game... would've been nice if it had sound and completed but it was still alright either way.

Good idea too many opponants

they spawn way too fast and kill your sqad too easily.