Reviews for "Keep your V.L."

amazing game

very well made and excellent fun to play also no glitches that i could see. well done. =)

Erm...

WTF, why isn't this on the frontpage??!? Maybe it will be in a couple of hours....
Well about the game: WTF that was good man! I played a while and now i write this review but im gonna play again!
Very well animated and scripting and stuff!
Hehehe smart idea to put the instructions beneath the loading bar, maybe an idea for other animators!
I think this is a classic!
I do wanna know 1 thing: Im doing flash now, im making a movie, and that already is kinda hard but a game man... how the fuck u make a game?! Isn't that a shitload of scripting and stuff?
Don't you have to make a thingy to let the shot you fired impact? And how u manage to let the shot fly all around the the game, no matter where u shoot at?
Lemme know plz and very well done!

Dikkop

BoMToons responds:

Thanks for the review.

As for the scripting...I'm no pro, I've mostly developed my technique from messing around with actionscript for a looong time (self-taught I am).

In a nutshell, I have a data array that keeps track of every bullet ID, as soon as a bullet hits something or leaves the screen, it's removed from the array. Then in each "hittable" object I have code that checks if it's being hit by any of the bullets currently in the array (and vice versa for the enemy bullets). That the only way I could get it to run even reasonably fast without overpowering most processors.

great game

ive always been a fan of 2d - side scroller games, and this one is something new, nice original style, yet a solid game

BoMToons responds:

Thanks for the review.

ver fun

an oldie i never played before but it was interesting XD
cudos

Awesome original shoot em up :)