Reviews for "Keep your V.L."

not bad

unlike most action games on newgrounds, this game has lasting value.

if you make another game like this, add more sound, and more different power-ups.

BoMToons responds:

Thanks for the review. Sound is not my forte (thus the kirby BG music) but I'll see what I can do for future stuff. I'll see if I can come up with some more powerups for future games.

it was ok

i didnt like it a whole lot but it was ok the power downs always got to close to the power ups and i also thought it was virgin lips after playing

BoMToons responds:

Cool, thanks for the review.

Very nice work.

Good job.. I look forward to seeing more work from you. BTW, is VL Virgin Lips?

BoMToons responds:

VL=virgin lips...you got it. Mormon's are quirky.

cool

pretty fun,the game is kind of hard the shield help alot but i still think you should of added difficulty level like easy,normal and hard or something like that,still a good fun game,i enjoy it...

BoMToons responds:

Difficulty levels...that's a good idea, thanks.

Erm...

WTF, why isn't this on the frontpage??!? Maybe it will be in a couple of hours....
Well about the game: WTF that was good man! I played a while and now i write this review but im gonna play again!
Very well animated and scripting and stuff!
Hehehe smart idea to put the instructions beneath the loading bar, maybe an idea for other animators!
I think this is a classic!
I do wanna know 1 thing: Im doing flash now, im making a movie, and that already is kinda hard but a game man... how the fuck u make a game?! Isn't that a shitload of scripting and stuff?
Don't you have to make a thingy to let the shot you fired impact? And how u manage to let the shot fly all around the the game, no matter where u shoot at?
Lemme know plz and very well done!

Dikkop

Thanks for the review.

As for the scripting...I'm no pro, I've mostly developed my technique from messing around with actionscript for a looong time (self-taught I am).

In a nutshell, I have a data array that keeps track of every bullet ID, as soon as a bullet hits something or leaves the screen, it's removed from the array. Then in each "hittable" object I have code that checks if it's being hit by any of the bullets currently in the array (and vice versa for the enemy bullets). That the only way I could get it to run even reasonably fast without overpowering most processors.