Reviews for "Metroid; Beginings"

A horribly buggy game with no redeeming qualities. It's like the author didn't even bother to even play test his own game, notice all the game breaking bugs, and actually fix them. Why even release a game if you aren't even going to put in the effort to make sure it's free from such bugs. I can understand asking people to report bugs they may find, but there's a stupidly large number of easy to spot bugs that break the game that you should have noticed.

Pass the game breaking bugs, the enemies take way too many hits to kill, the music is repetitive, the graphics are poorly done, and really, no ending exists because you can't even tell if you beat the game. I could go on and on and on about how terrible this is, but I'll just wrap it up with this. Please put more effort into things you make, you don't have a deadline you need to meet.

Her arm cannon randomly disappears and... well, read the other reviews.

Unplayable, no checkpoints, frequent game-ending bugs, and no indication of victory.

I'm not sure how to be honest without being harsh, so here we go:

Samus had no reaction to the Metroid blowing up the tunnel in the "cutscene," yet was still able to scan it without turning around, which makes no sense. Her running animation has no torso movement and, as a result, looks really bad. Double-jumping doesn't require two "X" presses as is stated in the tutorial, but instead requires "X" being held (or at least, that's the only way I could get it to work). The screen randomly fading to black (which sometimes lasts for a few seconds) is... well, I'm not sure what that is. I'm guessing it's the transition effect from the actual Metroid series, but since the player maintains control it doesn't work as well. Then there's the "boss fight" against Bio...droinder? Biodroidner? Either way, having an encounter that requires some luck on the player's part wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that the "Continue" button that appears on the Game Over screen simply takes you back to the main menu. I'll admit it, I never got past the encounter myself, but after watching a few playthroughs online, I don't think I ever will.

Utterly unplayable and nonsensical. Just play an actual Metroid game.

Pretty good game. The story is where it captivated me.