Reviews for "Hellbound"

back to basics

i love this game it remindes me of the good old nes and 8-bit graphics if their was the inclusion of pick-ups or up grades I would have kept on playing for hours and perhaps it would have gotten a 10 but still this is an excellent was to spend an hour

Ophyr responds:

Glad you like it :)

I can see this becoming huge.

It's a very stylish little game, with a strong emphasis on simple things like platforming and jumping, something you don't see much of nowadays. The music and sound effects are perfectly suited to the retro environment you said you were looking for, and the speed difference as it progresses through the game is well-balanced.

One suggestion I have for the game is perhaps periodic colour changes, emphasising the point that the player is getting further into the game. Instead of orange and red, for example, you could have navy blue and silver. This would make the player realise, with every colour change, that the game is getting more difficult and would add additional tension to the gameplay.

Overall, excellent. If you do develop it for mobiles / cellphones, count me in.

GOOD GAME!

The only problem I really had with this game is that when the platforms were moving fast, the combination of that with the music gave me a horrible headache. Other than that GREAT GAME, it was worty of the front page.

great game!

I absolutely love this game!
The simplicity of it makes it so addictive.

2005

good stuff. nice and old. Pity that people never check the release date and blurt out dumb shit like MAKE THE SEQUEL BETTER!!! haha good work man!