Reviews for "Jingle Ballistics"

Finally something a little more original

Great game for the holidays. major kick assery. Could have used a few other unlockables, like reindeer and a few others or something like that. Loved using the toy. Reminded me of a safer version of the tediz from conker

gavD responds:

Thanks dude! I never played Conker, but lots of people really rate it...

Nice game dude!

very enjoyable, not too serious, well executed and with a few extra's (toy character to earn, special attacks)

Great effort!

Cheers BIG lad!

such a solid game

I've read other complaints, ignore them, one of the best fighting games out there. Really solid effort. And pretty funny. I like the voices alot too

Thanks mate!

Most of the criticism is fair enough, but I think that some people expect a bit too much for a simple game that's designed to be playable by anybody.

A nice fighting game! But a little weak.

This game was heavily exploitable. The _MINISCULE_ range got me playing around, and I found a few serious problems.

1: The AI never seems to block ranged jump attacks.

2: You can hit a combo attack while blocking! Bad bad bad!

3: Elf is too skinny. The enemies never get into range to hit him right.

4: There are no "dash and attack" or "hit and away" or "divebomb" attacks. It was almost all melee, so it got boring fast, and the enemy had no way to break cheap tactics.

5: Blocking makes you invincible. This makes for lots of cheap, simple tactics that always win.

6: Nothing explained how to use the special attacks. Maybe I missed it.

7: There was no "trash talk before each fight" scene where they say random things. This coulda added another layer of amusement to the game.

8: A lack of special, tricky-to-pull-off combo moves. The only combo was "fast attack a lot".

This has a solid system set up, and could be nice. It's brought down about half the notches though by lacking a few important things to fighting games... 1: Combo moves. 2: Flashy special effects (the stars got old fast since they didn't do anything, just appeared for an instan then disappeared without shimmering or sparkling or fading away) 3: The ability to low-kick your opponent when they're blocking high, and vice versa and 4: Grappling moves.

gavD responds:

It's a quick little game written for Christmas - I'm not Capcom!

I take your points, though - the small characters made my job as a programmer difficult too - the VE engine supports different damage zones for crouch/stand but these characters were so small as to make that unworkable.

This is a simple, fun game, it's not really intended for hardcore players. When Versus Effect itself comes out, that is a more complete fighting game.

good game addicting

i spent 30 or more minutes playing this game and i couldnt stop this is a great game make more!

Quality, thanks!