Reviews for "Jingle Ballistics"

The game

This was pretty cool. I enjoyed it for a bit. I'm not really into fighting games myself, I like it though. Nice job. Thanks for psoting this game on NG.

Trev

gavD responds:

Cool man, glad you liked it

good, but

if u want to win VERY easily, just do a jumping "s" attack with any character - "frosty" is quite good for this, as is "toy". it's possible to complete the 'difficult arcade mode' without recieving any damage in any rounds by doing this. nice idea, but its a little half-baked. doesn't last long enough, hardly any moves etc.
worth 5 mins of playing time tho ;)

gavD responds:

True that, there are some cheap attacks in this game! Jumping attacks are like Phoenix Smasher x 10!

Very Awesome fighter!

I think you have the basis of a very awesome fighting engine!!

its very solid, and I thought the game was alot of fun. I only have a few minor complaints, and some bugs to report.

A couple of times I jumped over the opponent, and my character didn't turn around, I was stuck facing the wrong direction taking hits, till I jumped back. some times after the jump attack, the elf would get stuck mid air, and I was able to land alot of cheap shots this way.

aside from the elf who was already fairly quick.
the fast and fierce attacks weren't varied in enough... throwing a quick punch shouldnt take the same amount of time as throwing a fierce one. Aside from the Elf I wasn't able to let off a flurry of quick attacks, and end it with a fierce one. It would also help of the attacks were more visually different as well. as from that, the attacks needed more of an overal reach as well.

All in all a great fighting flash game. Closest so far to the arcades!!
keep it up!!

gavD responds:

Thanks for the heads up on the mid air bug... Nice review!

I'd like to say...

That this game is one of the best fighters made in Flash. However... I couldn't win. Not that I'm not any good at fighting games (in fact quite the opposite), but I encountered a bug or glitch. It seems when you try to jump over your opponent and they hit you, it's nearly impossible to turn around and face them again. Just letting you know about it. Keep up the good work!

Cool man, I'll try to fixX0r that in future Versus Effect driven games

very nice

very nice, and unlockables are always a good way to let everybody play longer than 2 minutes. There was only one problem. I think that if you play without 'cheating' (repeating good attacks),the is normal too easy and hard is too hard. But whatever, it was very good!

gavD responds:

Yeah, difficulty is tough to gauge in this kind of game - we tried to make it a bit challenging without relying on cheap tricks like super tough enemies with massive life bars.