Reviews for "=Jack's Lantern="

Needs Specific Adjustments

You have a really great idea here. I just couldnt help but be annoyed by the primary recurring sound in the song. The song was calm and eerie, but it stood out too much in the song. If you could probably find something that flows a bit more easily than that sound, that would be a huge improvement. Also what further moved it towards annoying rather than eerie is how repetitive it is. With it being calm and eerie, you should aim to make it transition smoothly into the next phase and then end with a creepy climax kind of like a scary story if you get what I am saying.

Hades responds:

The thing about the repetitiveness is that it was supposed to be pretty much the same all of the time to build up the tension. I mean, sure, spooky chord progressions - yay, creepy and all. But the same thing, never changing, over and over again, until it abruptly ends and is replaced by a music box tune... that's what I consider creepy. It wasn't supposed to end in a climactic "BOO" moment, but rather end unresolved, leaving you thinking "Hey, what the hell just happened?". So I guess that's what I was going for...

Thanks a lot for taking the time to comment, it means a lot when I get a bit more in-depth info on what folks think!

super cool

makes me want to go for a walk in the wood with just a single oil burning lanter.

Hades responds:

Seriously? I think I'd have a heart attack if I were alone in a forest like that. Well, probably not, but I still wouldn't voluntarily do it. ;D Thanks for the comment!

really cool

sounds like the background for a game, on badger it is pretty cool

Hades responds:

Thanks, man! Good to hear!

Spooky =)

NIce work, feels spooky.
I was thinking maybe a little more eerie background for you next song?
Anyways, keep up the good work m8 ^^

Hades responds:

Well, didn't really want to overdo it. I'm not sure what kind of speakers you use, but the background notes are actually played on glasses which create an uneasy resonating feeling, and are PRETTY eerie, if you ask me. Then again, it might just be that I suck and am easily scared. XD

Spooky...

I can just imagine myself wandering through a creepy abandoned mansion, and although I think otherwise, I'm not alone...

Hades responds:

Yeah, that's one of the things that sucks about abandoned mansions. They do have the tendency of being homes for some pretty sick shit, don't they? ;D