Reviews for "Samus and Company"

\m/

It's a nice flash and you used the sprites very well. The animations were very smooth and when both characters fought each other the movements of both fitted very well together.

I liked the way you put the text in. Definatly better than just writing the text in little speech bubbles ;) .

Only thing that bothered me is: Why did they fight? And why didn't Mario say a thing?
Ah well, I guess you were sorta just messing around here for your first flash, so I will kindly overlook that. :P

{ Review Request Club }

PicosGhost responds:

Thanks a lot. That's obviously what any artist aims to achieve; fluid animation. I'm glad you think I did it well. I've already explained in other review responses the long, grueling proccess of putting all the sprites together to achieve such an effect :P

Yea, that whole text thing I put in just so it would capture the viewer's eye. And apparently it did! :P But unfortunately, that takes a whole bunch of time so in the sequel, I'm actually reverting back to the boring, ill reviewed text as popups... for now. That may change later.

Fret not about the reason for the fight, the sequel will thoroughly explain everything, mainly through the use of flashbacks and other techniques. I actually was just messing around when I made this lol. But now I think I've got a solid story established, and I can finally move forward. I'm not really sure why Mario didn't say anything. I think I did that because he rarely EVER speaks in video games, save for his "mama-mia" and other what have you's. But again, fret not. In the sequel, he will have the power of speech :)

Thanks for your review amigo, I appreciate the feedback.

Not really a story

but.. Good sprite animation, it was quite a basic point of view .. I reccomend using something like a V cam or something. Try adding some action like explosions and stuff that would make it better i think. Great job.

Jurian

PicosGhost responds:

It's JURIAN! What's up Mr. Music Himself? :) Thanks for your review. I know, I really had no story, and no plot line whatsoever. But I've managed to remedy that in my sequel, so you're in luck :) I've said this in earlier reviews, but this was submitted in '05. Back in '05, I really don't think there was a V-Cam. I don't think there was, but I could be wrong, I don't know. But I searched all over for something like V-Cam, and I found absolutamente nada. I'll definitely do as you asked, because... you're all asking for the same thing! I'll give my viewers what they deserve :)

Thanks for your review. If you ever have any other suggestions, PM me with them or maybe even some advice! I look forward to reviewing more of your music, and you reviewing more of my flashes. :).

Yours,
'Ghost

nice sprites

was nice... but... I think it could be a lot better
was pretty short... I was kind of difficult to get it
but.. you use the sprites very well
I like when samus died... was awesome
was very nice animated... just continue practicing

/*Review Request Club*/

PicosGhost responds:

Well, thanks a lot for responding to my flash pal :) i appreciate it. Yea, when i look back on it, i realize it's entirely too short. It took a long time to make because of 1 of 2 things, possibly even both. It was my first flash ever, which meant i had to make all the animations using sprites sheets... I couldn't just use old sprites i had, and 2.I just kinda screwed around, and i had no plan when I first made it :P Now I'm working on a sequel, which should be much better when done. I look forward to future reviews!

Not bad

First, I have to say that I don't like sprite movies a lot. No special reasons, I just don't find them amusing.

Yours was quite good. I can't say anything about the graphics, since they're sprites. But you used the sprites in a nice way, better than some I've seen. The battle scene was alright, but I didn't understand why were they fighting. I expect the sequel to explain it. =)

The music was nice, I liked the ending one mostly. I also liked the sounds you used from Mario, good addition.

It was a short movie, so I suggest that the sequel is longer than this one. I also suggest you to make another batlle scene, this one didn't last long. Use more sprites, don't stick only to Mario and Samus. Good movie, but I want to see a better sequel.

(Review Request Club}

PicosGhost responds:

Well thanks for the input :) The sequel should indeed explain why they were fighting. I've been a bit discouraged about using sprites lately, but I think I'll finish this story before I consider changing anything.

Yea the last song was my favorite too :P It took me a while to put all the sounds in the right spots, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Everything was timed pretty well.

I'm hoping the sequel will be longer, and I'm pretty sure it will be. This battle was so short because I was mainly goofing around. I'll definitely use more sprites. I'm thinking of using a bunch of Mario characters and enemies, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks a lot for your review :)

'Ghost

So-So

Well most of the sprite animation seems to work well which is good and such but the text has some simple errors and a little poor presentation, having it in a box would have looked a little better, though having the speakers image is good, but none of the others speak, so maybe add some diolog for the others, it would make it a little more intresting.

The actual plot seems a little odd too, others having something to say might fix that problem if you can work a story in there. Also the question mark you had at one point looked drawn with the brush tool, I would suggest using the text tool for that with a pixel font or something that looks like it'd fit in.

2/5

= Review Request Club =

PicosGhost responds:

Yes, the sprite animation, in my opinion, was well animated, and took quite a bit of my time, I'm glad it paid off :) As for the text, can you tell me what these errors were? Was it the "What's going ON?!" without the apostrophe? ' <--- that thing, and the failure to use commas? If so , thanks, I just looked at it again and never even realized that. Most people liked the presentation of the dialogue though, so I'm not too sure I'm going to change it, but I honestly appreciate the input. (I feel like a broken record! haha) But in the sequel, all of these things will be better, I promise you. And it's up to you guys, the people if you will, to judge whether or not I've gone up a step in animation.

I said this in another review I think, but I really had no plot when I set out to do this, haha :P. But I've managed to make a storyline as to why Mario did what he did to Samus, and I won't spoil it here :D. Damn, the q-mark... How did you know I did it with the brush tool? Great eyes! That's a good suggestion, I might go back and change that, and re-submit :)

I could ask for more than 2/5, but I guess my work spoke for itself. Thanks for your review, I'm happy you took the time to write it.