Nice, but buggy.
While this game does give the impression of being heavily inspired by The Crimson Room et al., it has a unique charm. There are quite a few kinks that need to be worked out before this game is ready for submission however.
Amongst other oddities:
- You can close the menu by clicking the red button, even though it isn't open.
- You can open the menu even when it's already open.
- The remote control becomes stuck on the screen, and doesn't want to go back in the inventory.
- By holding the mouse down over the bottom of the garbage can, and moving up, one can force the can to stay open.
- For no apparent reason, a severed foot appeared at the base of the can while expirementing with the above.
- When trying to take the remote control out of the garbage can, it claimed I had, but it did not appear in my inventory until I tried a second time.
I gave up when the remote control 'froze'. It's pretty clear though that this game isn't quite ready for distribution just yet. There are some serious, game altering errors, along with several minor annoyances.
I'd look forward to giving it another shot once it's been cleaned up a bit. Keep up the good work, it has potential.