Reviews for "Corner Hag"

strange, but good.

this movie is so strange, but it proves that comendy is not a requsite around here. music and sound drives the flash, not story and humor.

zenkigen responds:

This is more of a philosophical expression. "funk" the main character meets a dead robot... and expresses how death is swift, and that only can he learn how to die himself in order to cope. Meeting the second character he walks away, not wishing to play with the game player ... the insane robot ... who whispers about his arms missing and others trying to enter his form. The 3rd is the average man, who cannot understand funk's perspective, but is willing to talk to the hobo.... how would you have understood this by watching the flash? its nearly impossible, because you cant understand a damn thing thats said, and my intention was that way. This all in all was an experiment, and this review is just an attempt to give substance to something that lacks substance all together.

Nice graphics and style,

Ha, Robot Hobos. Who would have though? Good submission.

zenkigen responds:

Thanks... Robot hobos... the idea came from the fact that I cant record my voice yet. I use the text to speech software, throw in some graffiti... and next thing I know im reflecting what I have seen on the streets most often... and that is wacko madmen hobos.... who like my speech audio, You cant understand, make no sense, yet try to express some grand vision to you.

Really Nice Work.

I really like your style and your graphics as well. you should make a serious series with this. All these parodies are starting to bore me. Nice Job.

zenkigen responds:

thanks, I dont think this one is going to go anywhere... I dont know where I am going with the next cartoon... The reason I went with the bots is because I really havent had the chance to learn my multitrack equipment to record voices, and am not part of any voice guild yet.... thanks for the props though, its inspiring... and I will do more flash...as this is my first 'serious' one.

Pretty Good

An interesting idea, if nothing else. Robo-hobos.

There was one thing that really captured me with, though, and that is the attention to detail. For every backdrop, there is some cool or humorous graffiti (David Firth <3's Jerry Jackson comes to mind), and little other touches like the dumpster, empty can, and so forth.
Along with this, the robots themselves were rather complicated looking. It's clear you spent a lot of time on the details.

Sound was as fair as it could be (I know it's intended as such) and the music was a perfect tone at the end of the Flash. Well done.

Kind of boring.

Yeah, I have to agree with the last guy. You are a great artist, and while I see what you were trying to get across it does not excuse the fact that this flash was dull.

Instead of trying to be artistic (in the artsy-fartsy steel cube sort of way), make the street people over the top rather than minimal. People will "get it" a lot easier.

zenkigen responds:

yeah i agree with both of you... it was dry as hell, and boring... and i wasnt trying to really get anything across, if anything it was an experiment in flash, and the plot was an afterthought (which is one of the biggest things I have learned in this experiment... plot is everything... this would have been a winner if it had some kind of content that was understandable. All in all I've been reviewing this thing with an attempt at creating some kind of content, which you can do with any peice of art... (i made the point that i was creating substance out of nothing in an earlier review, because the damn thing has no substance) ... all in all though, its a good learning lesson, this flash... thanks for the review.... and wasnt meaning it to be steel cube, just random... sort of dark... wasnt meaning to put out an over the top comedy with clock like 'fuck you you motherfucking peice of shit' speakonia robot talk.