Reviews for "Slowloft©"

Good

I liked the graphics, and the movie had its funny moments. But, as you implied by your comments, it was way too preachy. There are worse things in the world than marketing campaigns for drug companies. Overall good though.

I dont get it

what D:

i don't get it

this doesnt seem to say what you said its supposed to be about. It seemed like you criticized the guy rather than the drug co.
and people who need zoloft aren't usually homicidal. Overall it doesn't really make sense. Although these drugs are very overpriced and i do believe they DO make millions off others' suffering, thats not the statement you make here.
Your flash shows a real ignorance of mental health issues and disregard for the reality of what depression is. your use of the little zoloft blob-people was good and the graphics were good. However, i have no idea what point you were trying to get across except that you don't know what you're talking about.

BIG issues here

The graphics were great, the story (get to that In a moment) wasn't bad, and the Madness reference was pretty funny. Here's the thing:

Being on antidepressants (Zoloft having been one of them) I don't find the mockery of such things funny. Don't give me this shtick about "you're only as happy as you want to be". That's BULL. It has been scientifically PROVEN than certain people are chemically incapable of being happy-to varying degrees mind you; some need more help than others.

The racism had a humorous aspect to it-but it wasn't funny. Racism ISN'T funny.

Last-but CERTAINLY NOT least-the issue of his doctor. My father is a doctor and a hefty sum of his pay goes to paying malpractice insurance. Also-doctors are NOT paid to "push pills".

I'm rather irritated by this flick.

CirrusEpix responds:

I am sorry. Personally, I find nothing in this film "funny." As a satire, I had hoped to scare people into asking themselves "why am I laughing at something so horrible?" Yes, depression IS real. I know quite a few- and it is devestating and uncurable. I only wish to question HOW the system works, not abbolish it for those who need it the most.

As for your father, I feel for him too. I imagine since the start of this recent medical advertising blitz, his patients have been demanding certain drugs over his well educated training.

ummmm i was not happy umm *sniff* =) NOW I AM