Reviews for "A Tribute to the NES"

Ok, two..moderately quick things

1)Great tribute, it reminds me of all those lovely "Game Over" moments where you just wanna scream "WTF NO WAY! THATS BS HOW DID I DIE! I HAD 2 HEARTS LEFT! OMGWTFBBQ!!!" or blame the controller, (only to switch controllers and die again)

2)If i see one more idiot that was born AFTER a system came out..and talks about it like he "pwnz" it cuz he's a "Retro Gamer", well congratulations, your all bringing it into the mainstream..which is in a sense..making it anti-retro. SNES, NES, 2600, Turbographix 16, Sega, YES YES YES, they were all great, but unless you actually owned one when they were great...shut up already..your not cool because you play nintendo..EVERYONE DOES if you haven't noticed. That being said..again..GREAT MOVIE! and a great big @!$@$!@$ to the idiots that called themselves retro gamers

good...

But I like the SNES better... keep up the good work though...

Meh

I like the NES as much as anyone else, but that flash was average at best. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Not overwhelming, but good.

To be frank, not only am I getting a bit sick of sprite movies, I'm getting sick of NES being called "old skool." I mean, yeah, we've come a long way since the NES, but we've come an even longer way since the 2600.

Remember the 2600?

Remember when the home version of pac-man was monochromatic with like sixteen big, fat pixels, and the "dots" were big fat dashes? As opposed to the NES version, which looked just like the arcade.

Back to the animation. Very cute, watching all those classic NES characters die in various humiliating manners. I think the best part was the digital version of "Flight of the Bumblebee" during the closing credits. Reminded me of the Road Runner arcade console.

MajinPiccolo responds:

Trust me, I definitely remember the 2600, I still have mine. I never actually stated that is was old skool, I stated that it was "good ol' classic gaming", lol.

That gives me an idea, I may possibly tribute the 2600 in the future, but maybe not, I dunno.

Oh and the Flight of the Bumblebee is actually the ending song from the japanese Famicom classic, Parodius, hehehhee.

Not a bad tribute at all

Some of the original drawings looked a little odd (the Duckhunt gun for example), and the constant deaths of some of the Nintendo characters kinda worn a little thin, but overall, I did like the music set to this, and the animation was nicely done.