Reviews for "_.-| Martyr |-._"

I'm sorry this is so long!

This was awesome. As a writer I come here to Newgrounds a lot for inspiration. Music is my fire, know what I mean? This was so simple, a "little melody" as you said, and yet like a picture this melody is worth a thousand words! A song like this is like the window to someone's soul. A soldier's thousand-yard-stare, or simply getting lost in the deep of someone's eyes because you KNOW that those eyes have witnessed much in their lifetime.

I'll try to keep this short...like you say music comes to you in/right after your sleep, sometimes stories come to me. There was once a dream I had where myself and two other individuals whom I'd never met were stranded high in the sky, suspended above a deep, dark sea and forever trying to escape the cold winds and our imprisonment.

We were stuck forever in a titanic formation miles wide of stone, metal and concrete with no safeguards against a fall, and no walls for shelter. One wrong step, and you would fall to your death. When the night came, we all had to sleep very close together; if you rolled in your sleep, it could be right off the edge of a platform.

It was one of those dreams where I felt like I truly lived in it, with those two people, for a whole year. I know it may be hard to picture...but at the end of the dream, we thought we were finally getting close to the end. After a year of navigating the sky maze and near-death experiences, the woman, the man and myself had become closer than family, or more.

We had curled up on a large steel formation and huddled together one moonlit night, trying to stay warm as the rain fell around us and pelted the metal and our clothes. I still remember the man falling asleep, and the look this woman gave me before she closed her eyes. At that moment, I felt myself starting to wake up from the dream. I tried SO HARD to stay, but alas I woke up.

This is kinda odd but I never "forgave" myself. I felt like by waking up, I abandoned them. Sometimes when my mind wanders, I wonder if they still travel that sky formation, or if they ever made it out. I always felt guilty and wanted to write a story about it someday; I never did.

Your song reminded me of it! I had that dream almost three years ago. Thanks so much. Sorry for the LONG review here.

Wolftacular responds:

Wow, I really don't know what to say. That would definitely make a great story, so I'm really glad my song reminded you of it. You should seriously consider writing it. As for what you said at first; that's all I want my music to be. A source of inspiration and emotion. I want people to feel something with the notes I play.

Don't worry about the long review, it was a pleasure to read ;)

...| )...

i hate the game they put this song in CURSE THE ONE WHO USED UR SONG FOR EVIL PURPOSES!! awesome song XD

Wolftacular responds:

Haha, the animation it was used in is awesome XD It had me cracking up.

amazing

This song really makes me think. It makes me feel emotional in a way I can't explain. I love this song very, very much.

Wolftacular responds:

Glad to hear it brings you emotions, that's what I want my songs to do. :)

Emotional

For what it is, considering your description of it, I won't complain about it being too short. As for the song itself, I love it. It's got a sort of... Feeling put into it. This feeling can range from either sadness to some sort of hope. I love it. Myself, I enjoy how it reminds me of the current state of my life.

A longer version of this would be great, but don't feel like you /have/ to make it. I don't want it to lose the feeling you put into it.

Wolftacular responds:

I'm glad you like it! :) I might, I might not (make a longer version). Quite a few people have suggested I should, so I've been thinking about it.

emotional, beautiful

this song is incredible, i would also like to ask permission to use it in a project of mine, if that's okay with you?

Wolftacular responds:

Please, feel free to =D. Just remember to credit me and show me the results! I'm looking forward to seeing your project done =)