Reviews for "[Assios] - Midnight"

It's pretty catchy!

Except catchy songs tend to stick to the same melody...

I appreciate that you stepped it up and had little interludes into different beats throughout the songs, I just wish the main track (the happy notes) could've been switched up a bit more... especially the bridge.

all in all, I really enjoyed it, it sounds like something I would hear in a collab, or a demo reel of some kind!

Assios responds:

Hmm yeah, it's pretty repetitive. Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

well

I like the violin sounds, and how at around 2:18 the beat does that stop go stop thing for a second and a half or whatever that does that i cant describe. Anyways, this song is really good to listen to while you set your alarm clock. Yeah.

Thank you! :)

Well paced tune

I think that this is a reasonably well balanced tune, but it does lack enough variation for my liking, which is a great shame. With that taken into account, you'd be able to create a much more poular track if other things came in and complimented the keyboard melody, which seems to be the dominant sound there.

The beat is a very nice part of the track and as a result, it keeps my interest. Perhaps with a tweak here or there, even just a few different instruments would make a change enough to make this track so much better. Little things can make big differences after all :)

[Review Request Club]

Assios responds:

Yeah, I agree with you, I should put an alternate melody in there... I'll probably put in an alternate melody in there too, and update the mp3-file, sooner or later ;P

Thanks for the review! :)

Nice work!

Awesome sounds at the beginnig. Like the cheering.

Don't quite get why u called it midnight as in my opinion, its a bit too action packed to earn the title of midnight, but its ur call i guess.

Naming aside, the melody was awesome. great work on the snares and kick and the drums at the end continued to add the the great blend of rhytm and harmony. The bass was great but the ending was slightly abrupt. Could have used a cymbal or something there to kind of show that the song's finished.

The introduction of new instruments was great throughout the whole song and the interludes and gaps provided some variety so it didn't get too repetitive. Although u could have used a bit more of those.

Like Supersteph54 said "almost flawless" a few negatives got u a nine. Arrange those and u got yourself a ten ;)

Darklight17
-Review Request Club-

Assios responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it! :D I'll try to arrange the negatives mentioned in the reviews ;)

Wow, this is great :D

You've got a great song going right now, but just some problems make me give you a 9 instead of a 10. Aren't I cruel X).

The melody is awesome, and very catchy. So was the bass. The instruments here, although a little bit on the generic side, are still quite awesome, and the string addition at a little more than half through the song was quite unexpected and was excellent. Dunno why, but fast paced strings always fit well with midnight-ish songs :S. I like the little effects you did here and there, like the reverse cymbal or sweep thing you did at the beginning. I don't think you should add applause in this song though, since you're supposed to be picturing yourself driving down a highway while it's midnight, and applause sort of took that picture away from you and gave you a picture of an audience watching a performance of this song instead. Maybe you could add a wind effect instead, picturing the wind soaring by?

The transitions here were great, and I noticed a lot of nice drum transitions, reverse cymbals and fade-in's. New instruments were introduced perfectly, and all the melodies fit excellently together. Song structure is great too, so my only real complaint here is that it was quite repetitive. I didn't really notice any alternate melodies, and the only thing which was a break from the original melody was the ambientish part towards the middle of the song. This needs an introduction to an alternate melody somewhere, and although the instruments are nice and varied, the amount of melodies need working on. Good job with the intro, it started the song up excellently, and the ending was good too, but you should add a lot more silence to the end, and maybe add a long ending note as well.

The drums here are quite original and really fun to listen to. I liked the kick you used here, although as Chromonaut said, it's too unfiltered. Other than that, I noticed some really awesome things in the drums, like that sound at 2:15. Was that a reverse kick or something? Whatever it was, it rocked. I liked the double snares too. There was a nice amount of awesome sounding samples too, and in general, the drum beats were really well varied without getting random. They were just the right loudness and fit excellently with the song. The drums here rock.

Well, it's an almost flawless song, but like all other songs, it has a few negatives. In all, I really enjoyed it, and if you work on the stuff I said above, this song will be perfect in my opinion. Overall, great job, and sorry for the long review, you've got to get used to that when being reviewing by me ;).
9/10
5/5
Download.

-Review Request Club-

Assios responds:

Whoa, that's really a kickass review you've got there, THANKS! :D

I totally agree with you, especially on the repetitiveness-part. When I listened to it after I had uploaded it, I thought it would be better if I had an alternate melody at 01:52. I was gonna do it (I even have the melody i was gonna put there in my head), but I just haven't done it yet. I'll definitely do it now tho', thanks! :)

I'll also make sure to test the song with other sfx's from 0:17-0:30, instead of the cheering sound.

And yes, the sound at 2:15 is a reversed kick.

Thanks again for an awesome review!! :)