Reviews for "Ratbag & Furball #02"

man..It sucked

I cant say its the worst thing Ive seen..cuz it was good made..but..the sound..ew

stoners-lunchbox responds:

Ok. This fffFUCKED up review is coming out of a mouth of a seventeen year old knucklehead that:

1) Has no favourite flash content/movies/music on his profile (let alone any submissions of his own).

2) Tells me that the sound is butchered when that's the one thing that the other reviewers told me i did well

3) Is giving me a TWO for an animation that he said was well done

4) Is an apparent fucking idiot whose single word is against another ten or eleven people who gave me a thumbs up.

Get a life, mucus! Make some flash cartoons and THEN tell me that my work doesn't compare.

By the way, that would be my SECOND submission to NG so you can't expect it to be perfect straightaway. That AND i work with a mac. I have no royalty free sounds (i made mine with an Apple Plaintalk microphone and refurbished them in a sound editor) And all the musical hooks (which are half of the SFX in the movie) were composed by me. I could've taken it easy and ripped sounds and soundtrack off someone else, but NOOOOOOOO!

I do it all on my own, AND FOR WHAT? TO GET SOME MUCUS LIKE YOU TELLING ME THAT MY CARTOON SUCKED? GET A LIFE YOU IDIOT!

Just like those old Tom & Jerry cartoons!

Heh, this was one very great cartoon! It was probably one of the smoothest and highest-quality animations I've ever run into, and the fact it's based off one of my old favorites only makes it better! The cat Furball was definetly a Tom-esque kind of character who was gullible and had a nasty temper, while the mouse, Ratbag... Well, he was more like Itchy I suppose since Jerry mouse would never be so brutal to other things like Ratbag was to that fish (though the battery joke was pretty funny!). Music, voicing, and sound effects were all used well and the jokes brought back fond memories of my childhood years of watching the adventures of the classic cat and mouse!

Honestly, I can't say much about this other than to try to have Furball win once in a while (as Tom on rare occasions managed to best Jerry in their cartoon, if you recall...), otherwise, there's really nothing to say when it comes to improvement. The jokes were funny and the amount of work you put into this shows! Seriously, anything THIS high of quality that's cat-and-mouse humor-related is a 10 in my book!

Keep on doing these and you'll likely even have your own collection page here! Good luck, and welcome to my favorite authors list! Because it's just plain easier to favorite an artist than each individual flash! ;)

stoners-lunchbox responds:

Thanks for the lengthy review and the VERY positive feedback... It's thanks to you guys that my submission is doing so well at the moment.

Furball is a lot dumber than Tom and actually has no interest in hurting Ratbag, except for when that annoying rat actually goes and annoys him. As for Ratbag, he's far more brutal than Itchy... He's kind of psychotic... He's the kind of character that will urinate on walls and carry an axe around for the sake of it... In some of my storyboards i even drew him having a smoke...

Furball deserves a victory every now and then and he'll get it eventually... Maybe in episode 3, since the scripting for that episode hasn't started yet.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write to me in such depth and i really appreciate the high marking you gave my cartoon.

I'll definetely make more. I found my vocation three months ago in tafe and i never looked back!

Cheers!!

Tom and Jerry

Not very original. Good animation and editing. Your humor is ... not funny.

stoners-lunchbox responds:

if cat 'n' mouse isn't original then cat 'n' mouse should no longer be made. Guess what though? There's a bucketload of cat 'n' mouse cartoons around that haven't been made too long ago.

Originality is a concept based on what i do with story elements.

Why not say that movies with real people aren't original anymore? They've been done a million times already, haven't they?

But OH NO! Cat 'n' mouse should be crucified now!

My humour is my humour. Not yours. The universal concept of humour is what you should vote on. Not your humour or mine...

Yes, I know it's damn well animated.

It's like Itchy and Scratchy, except lame. Good show for your kid.

stoners-lunchbox responds:

Well, for a lame cartoon it made quite a few people laugh. Your sense of humour is not the same as mine, so we can only agree to disagree on that one...

At least i know i did a good job with animating it...

Thanks for the vote!

Yay!

You've made my night...at least there's one good save in store for my Blam/Protect.

Ever thought of making a game with those guys?I'll help ye out with it if you want.Mail me.

stoners-lunchbox responds:

I never thought of it because i know actionscript for squat still... I'm still in my third year of TAFE and i just begun learning it. But a game sounds like a plan for the future... I'll think about it.

Thanks for the vote!