Reviews for "Windows Wars"

1st to comment

best nice one. all the window are mash together and it taste like strawberry jam = nice sound
cos u mash this sfx to well well we have a window talent in ng
^

Step responds:

Strawberry jam, huh? Lol, thanks for the appreciation and the compliments :D.

-Review Request Club-

i like the bells lead, it has an odd uniquemess to it, for a bell

lol wow lost of windows sounds, ive seen how this program works, but it looks ungodly hard to pull off

lol omg this is just great cuz every time a new sound comes in im like, agh where the hell have i heard that xD

this whole song is realy cool dude, i give anyone who can do this kind of programming mad props

that includes you

peace out dude, i really have no clue how to give any critisism, ive never heard anything quite like this b4...

SessileNomad

Step responds:

Lol, thanks :). Yeah, the bells lead is the ding effect of Windows 2000. It honestly sounds just like a high bell, and it's the first Windows sound effect I've ever managed to make a chord out of.

The song sounds hard to do, but it actually isn't. The hardest part is finding all the different sound effects from the Internet. Then, you play on the keyboard (at least you can with FL Studio) testing the sound effect, until you come up with a good melody, you add it to the piano roll, and add some alternate melodies playing in the background. The drums can then be done in a second ^^.

Still, thanks heaps for the review, :D.

Wow... impressive.

This song was so amazing to hear. That it had all these sounds from different Windows computers put into one song that actually has a good beat... wow, just wow.

Your hard work and dedication has definitely been realized by people, and I for one look forward in hearing more of these types of beats from you.

Easily given a 5/5

Step responds:

Hehe, thanks ^^. I've done a few other Windows XP songs if you would like to check them out, but they're not nearly as good as this IMO. Thanks again for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Oh, and thanks for keeping my perfect 10 score going :P.

awesome but one of your sounds came from windows "LONGHORN".

Stupendous!

This is out-of the ordinary and I love it!
It's abstract-ness is very creative and some melodies are quite good, these drums beats are also quite good but the snare roll or whatever it is for transitions wasn't very good however.
It is repetetive and some melodies are :O-able as well, they were very creepy >:S
>< General comment, good but not your best ;-)

Step responds:

Glad you like it, but repetitive? Seriously I really don't see why you think it's repetitive. It uses 44 Windows sound effects, over 10 drum samples, and over 80 patterns I believe, all made from scratch, no premade loops, and there was only one or two drum beats in my song which I used twice. It can't be repetitive :S. But thanks for the review anyway.