Reviews for "Windows Wars"

wow again

Hey just being honest i thought you wouldnt be able to make a decent sounding song with all the windows sound effects but This is by far your best song you didnt go to crazy like you did with the last one I love it so much at 2 mins and 3:30 its a shame it ends at 4:45 and look no shutdown sound yay on my fav list again you get a 10/10 5/5 its just a shame you cant vote higher AH! just thought where do you go from here youve done everything now, Ive said it before and ill say it again I really really think no one can make windows songs as good as you well done again my fav song so far

Step responds:

Heh, neither did I. To tell you the truth, I thougt I was going to mess it up towards the end, but it actually didn't come out too bad :D. I think I messed up the Vista melodies though, but seeing as though you enjoyed it, I guess I might've not done it too bad. Yeah, the last one was kind of crazy, and I expected this one to be even crazier, since it's 10 BPM faster and uses more effects, but it did fine. I didn't really want a shutdown sound this time, I couldn't choose which version to use, lol :P.
Thank you for the very nice review, and all of your support and appreciation, I'm glad you enjoyed the song :D.

wow

pretty good yo.

Thanks ^^.

Another thing a mac can't do

Or at least I've never heard a song made entirely with Mac OS sounds. XD
Also, quite a lot of Windows Songs to review lately, I think this is the 3rd one in about 3 weeks? -.-

Anyway, this is a really nice song and it's amazing that you managed to create such a nice beat plus some very nice melodies with only windows sounds. Towards the end it gets all a bit hectic and pretty loud (at around 3:50), but the "question-answer-game" after that is just priceless!

{ Review Request Club }

Step responds:

Yup, same here XD. Yeah, Windows songs are the latest trend :P. I was never good with melodies, but these took me really long and I'm glad they came out OK. There are some really catchy melodies in here which I was tempted to use in other songs of mine, but thought against it :P. That Question-Answer thing didn't come out as well as planned, but it's still kinda cool anyway. Might update it soon. By the way, Hectic is my middle name XP.

~ Review Request Club ~

Well you've gotten nothing but 10's so the mean spirited person inside of me wanted to give it a 9 so your perfect rating was ruined. :P

Ha, couldn't do it after listening to the song though. The song (even though I think I said this on your last windows song) was probably the best windows song that I have heard on this site even though I've heard quite a few.

The variety and just pure fun that this song contained made it so enjoyable to listen to. The title of "War" gave it a interesting theme as well as now you can almost envision a war going on with these sounds along with it.

~ Review Request Club ~

Step responds:

Ah, how evil XP. I'm expecting Coop to ruin it though, it's hard to get a 10 out of him :P. You did say that on my last windows song, I guess the only genre I'm good at so far (I tried DnB, Classical, Rock, Heavy Metal, Hip-Hop, Jazz and Dance...) is Windows :P. I guess some people like the variety and some people don't. What I think I'll do is invent a catchy main melody which plays once in each windows version, each time with the sound effects that match with the version (E.G.: I did the main melody somewhere in the middle of Windows 2000 with Windows 2000 sound effects, then I did the same melody with Windows XP except with XP's sound effects, etc.), since TBH this is a bit too vared... Anyway, thanks for the great review, and for maintaining my perfect 10 rating :D.

Once again, i am speechless

Title says it all, i am amazed how great this is.

Step responds:

Thanks! I'm surprised many people still like this with it being so old :P.

Glad you enjoyed it!