Reviews for "Windows Wars"

wow

pretty good yo.

Thanks ^^.

-Review Request Club-

i like the bells lead, it has an odd uniquemess to it, for a bell

lol wow lost of windows sounds, ive seen how this program works, but it looks ungodly hard to pull off

lol omg this is just great cuz every time a new sound comes in im like, agh where the hell have i heard that xD

this whole song is realy cool dude, i give anyone who can do this kind of programming mad props

that includes you

peace out dude, i really have no clue how to give any critisism, ive never heard anything quite like this b4...

SessileNomad

Step responds:

Lol, thanks :). Yeah, the bells lead is the ding effect of Windows 2000. It honestly sounds just like a high bell, and it's the first Windows sound effect I've ever managed to make a chord out of.

The song sounds hard to do, but it actually isn't. The hardest part is finding all the different sound effects from the Internet. Then, you play on the keyboard (at least you can with FL Studio) testing the sound effect, until you come up with a good melody, you add it to the piano roll, and add some alternate melodies playing in the background. The drums can then be done in a second ^^.

Still, thanks heaps for the review, :D.

Oh man.

Nice, nice work, dude. It's still crazy to me that you made this out of Windows sounds. It NEVER gets boring, not even close, and to the contrary, it's got such an interesting, quirky vibe it merits at least a few listens to just take everything in. Excellent job, man.

One of my few complaints is that sometimes, because it's SO varied, you get a little lost in the song, but it's got such a cool vibe it hardly matters. You've got such an interesting thing going on here, it's like... I dunno. I've never heard stuff this weird and cool.

At 2:05, the bassline is so cool. Like, so cool. It made me smile right away. In spite of all the quirky, off-the-wall cool leads, the basslines are my favorite parts of the song.

The section starting at about 1:06 kinda threw me off a little, it's a little scattered and dissonant, if I were to change anything I'd probably make this section a little less hectic.

That's another thing, the energy. Man, this song has energy. So cool. Boss job, man, 5/5 and 10/10, keep up the great work! ;D

Step responds:

This must be the best review I've had, thanks XD. I know, my main problem is variety, I hate repetition, and in all this song has like 70 different patterns, so I see what you mean by getting lost in the song. I'm glad you liked the basslines, I'm a noob at bass so I didn't know they'd come out that good :D. I'm still a noob though, it took me like 10 minutes just to think of the bassline at 2:49 :P. Yeah, the part at 1:06 is crazy since I did 3 other XP songs out of XP sounds, and I'm used to making them sound so crazy =P. Thanks again for the awesome review, you've given me tonnes of inspiration to make even another windows song O_o.

"Hi I'm A PC And I Kick Ass!!"

Windows now officially has a new use for me: To make musical entertainment. This song itself itself is actually pretty amazing, but sort of reminded me of Pokemon for some reason. It's unbelievable that this song was almost entirely built with Windows notice sounds. I mean the chimes and jingles were practically unrecognizable except for the few ones around 1:45 because I get that chime alot. Speaking of many chimes, the song has so many of them, yet mixes them up all seperately that the song doesn't get too repetitve like those club dance songs.
I do have one question however: Why is this called "Windows Wars"? This seems to be more of a happy adventurous song than a dark dramatic piece.
Also the ending did seem a bit anticlimatic for me, but overall still was a magnificent piece. Let's see any of Apple's toys top that!

Step responds:

Yep ^^. Microsoft has a talent for sound-making; that's a fact :D. Dunno why it reminds you of Pokemon, though lol :P. Any similarities to it was all unintentional :). I did mix around with the sounds a lot, so I don't blame you for not noticing much of them. For example, the bells at the beginning is the Ding of Windows 2000, but it sounds exactly like a bell XD. This is called Windows Wars since it's sort of a mixture between the 4 windows versions I mentioned in the Author's Comments, and it's as if they're battling it out in the song. I know about the ending, I might get that fixed sometime. Anyway, thanks for the awesome review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the song! By the way, I'd be surprised to see that happen :P.

Wow... impressive.

This song was so amazing to hear. That it had all these sounds from different Windows computers put into one song that actually has a good beat... wow, just wow.

Your hard work and dedication has definitely been realized by people, and I for one look forward in hearing more of these types of beats from you.

Easily given a 5/5

Step responds:

Hehe, thanks ^^. I've done a few other Windows XP songs if you would like to check them out, but they're not nearly as good as this IMO. Thanks again for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Oh, and thanks for keeping my perfect 10 score going :P.