Reviews for "Windows Wars"

"Hi I'm A PC And I Kick Ass!!"

Windows now officially has a new use for me: To make musical entertainment. This song itself itself is actually pretty amazing, but sort of reminded me of Pokemon for some reason. It's unbelievable that this song was almost entirely built with Windows notice sounds. I mean the chimes and jingles were practically unrecognizable except for the few ones around 1:45 because I get that chime alot. Speaking of many chimes, the song has so many of them, yet mixes them up all seperately that the song doesn't get too repetitve like those club dance songs.
I do have one question however: Why is this called "Windows Wars"? This seems to be more of a happy adventurous song than a dark dramatic piece.
Also the ending did seem a bit anticlimatic for me, but overall still was a magnificent piece. Let's see any of Apple's toys top that!

Step responds:

Yep ^^. Microsoft has a talent for sound-making; that's a fact :D. Dunno why it reminds you of Pokemon, though lol :P. Any similarities to it was all unintentional :). I did mix around with the sounds a lot, so I don't blame you for not noticing much of them. For example, the bells at the beginning is the Ding of Windows 2000, but it sounds exactly like a bell XD. This is called Windows Wars since it's sort of a mixture between the 4 windows versions I mentioned in the Author's Comments, and it's as if they're battling it out in the song. I know about the ending, I might get that fixed sometime. Anyway, thanks for the awesome review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the song! By the way, I'd be surprised to see that happen :P.

Unbelievably catchy

This song was such a perfect way to mix together various bell noises in a catchy rythym. I could hardly even tell that it was using windows noises just because how well mixed up they were. What I really loved about this song was that there was nothing to get repetitive. It had a huge variety of wonderful and dope beats to it. Which made me want to listen to it again and again. So this was a spectacular song that you did. I'd love to hear more songs made int eh same way. The outro was perfect btw.

Step responds:

Ah, loads of people liked the bells I did at the beginning, which was the Windows 2000 Ding effect. It's practically almost as good as a bells lead could go :P. You're one of the first persons who liked the variety in this, a lot of people just say my songs are nothing but random beats and generic melodies, but I really hate repeating stuff again unless it's a chorus or it's absolutely necessary, so you can either look at my songs as varied or random :P. I don't see why you liked the outro, it's horrible. The ending came in too abrupt with an awfully rough transition at around 4:34, and the last three notes had skipped to an octave lower much too suddenly, but I'm glad you liked it, anyway ^^. Thanks for the awesome review!

Oh man.

Nice, nice work, dude. It's still crazy to me that you made this out of Windows sounds. It NEVER gets boring, not even close, and to the contrary, it's got such an interesting, quirky vibe it merits at least a few listens to just take everything in. Excellent job, man.

One of my few complaints is that sometimes, because it's SO varied, you get a little lost in the song, but it's got such a cool vibe it hardly matters. You've got such an interesting thing going on here, it's like... I dunno. I've never heard stuff this weird and cool.

At 2:05, the bassline is so cool. Like, so cool. It made me smile right away. In spite of all the quirky, off-the-wall cool leads, the basslines are my favorite parts of the song.

The section starting at about 1:06 kinda threw me off a little, it's a little scattered and dissonant, if I were to change anything I'd probably make this section a little less hectic.

That's another thing, the energy. Man, this song has energy. So cool. Boss job, man, 5/5 and 10/10, keep up the great work! ;D

Step responds:

This must be the best review I've had, thanks XD. I know, my main problem is variety, I hate repetition, and in all this song has like 70 different patterns, so I see what you mean by getting lost in the song. I'm glad you liked the basslines, I'm a noob at bass so I didn't know they'd come out that good :D. I'm still a noob though, it took me like 10 minutes just to think of the bassline at 2:49 :P. Yeah, the part at 1:06 is crazy since I did 3 other XP songs out of XP sounds, and I'm used to making them sound so crazy =P. Thanks again for the awesome review, you've given me tonnes of inspiration to make even another windows song O_o.

THIS IS AWESOME

dude I really like this song yo!!!!!

Heh, thanks :D.

Woah!

I've heard all your other windows songs and i wasn't so amazingly impressed but this, thsi my friend is purely greatly magnifecently amazingly awesome!!!!

Personally, I like the WIndows 2000 and Windows Vista sounds best but the others are great too and i liked the fact that u didn't start it with the start up :)

Anyways, i still probably haven't said enough for a great song like this but i can't keep on going on repeating how totally awesome this song is so i'll jsut say it one final time. oh wait, i already did...

Great work!
Darklight17

Step responds:

Heh, thanks. That's one of the more positive reviews I've gotten lately :). I guess I didn't do such a bad job on the Vista section, when I thought I did. So, thanks again for the review. I probably didn't say enough in this response but I can't keep on repeating thank you all the time, so I guess I'll say it one final time. Oh wait, I already did. Oh well, THANKS :D.