Reviews for "Apparition"

Well congrats on the front-paged and such, this is great just like all your other pieces tend to be, I'm surprised you don't get front-paged more often though :D

Carrion responds:

This is like the third time I've been front paged.

It's a shame you canned that lit game, and also, that you are still using ms-paint. I understand ms-paint limits forces you into a more creative path, but it's also probably very time consuming. You could still do pixel art in photoshop if you chose to switch; your tools would simply be more abundant. You could easily apply the style you learned in ms-paint in photoshop, minus the time consuming part. I guess either way it's fine, just sad lit got canned. Keep up the good (and unique) work!!

Huh. Looks kinda like the Grim Reaper in his earlier days (Soul Eater, anyone?). I suppose I like the art, but it just isn't aesthetically pleasing. Honestly, I would've liked it more if the ghost-demon-death thing wasn't in the background. It just seems like it's too much here. Maybe if you took him out, made the colors a bit darker, and just had the man by himself with his little torch and the fog around him, I would've liked the piece more. But hey, that's just my opinion.

A fantastic piece, saw this and immediately went through all of your submissions. I really enjoy the running themes and characters in your work. definitely in my favorites. (also curious if your a fan of neil gaiman)

Carrion responds:

I was into Gaiman in my early years of comic book nerdery.

I love the vibe this piece generates, and the colors are made so interesting with all of the designs within them.
It really is amazing how much detail you've included, especially working in MS Paint!
Great work!